componet system....again...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
dunno why other threads were deleted but im finally working fulltime again and kinda narrowed my search down between JL (i got a w6 so to keep my system all jl would be coo).....memphis (heard the one thats in my price range and it sounded DAMN good)....and mb quartz (heard nothing but good things)

anybody familiar or heard anything from these three? any other ones that are probally as good as these ones in the same price range??

jl audio: c5-650 6.5s $289 (ebay price brand new) rms 75

mb quart: PVI216 $289.50 (ebay price brand new) peak 140 rms 70

memphis: cant find the one im looking for but its 299 retail at a the shop that my homies works at......in the last thread it was posted up

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
From what I have heard JL and Memphis speakers are really good quality and MB Quart always has good reviews but im not sure if it is on the same level as the other 2. The best thing you can do is listen to them and see what you think but the amp is going to make a big difference so you need to make sure you listen to them from the same amp with the same headunit and keep the settings on flat when you listen so that you are getting the true sound. For your price range though I don't think you will be disappointed in the quality of the speaker.

What kind of amp are you looking at? The amp is just as important as the speakers so you should be looking into them too unless you already have one. Good luck and let us know what you go with and what you though of all of the speakers if you listen to them. I want to get a set of components but im kind of broke since I just started working and I get paid once a month. I guess I just have to wait until I have a little extra cash.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Another thing to keep in mind is the material that the tweeter is made out of from what I hear the metallic tweeters can be a little harsh and the silk ones sound a lot cleaner. The JL set has a silk tweeter and the MB Quart has a metallic one. Just make sure you notice the difference in the highs when you listen to the speakers.

Aug 9, 2006
From what I have heard JL and Memphis speakers are really good quality and MB Quart always has good reviews but im not sure if it is on the same level as the other 2. The best thing you can do is listen to them and see what you think but the amp is going to make a big difference so you need to make sure you listen to them from the same amp with the same headunit and keep the settings on flat when you listen so that you are getting the true sound. For your price range though I don't think you will be disappointed in the quality of the speaker.

What kind of amp are you looking at? The amp is just as important as the speakers so you should be looking into them too unless you already have one. Good luck and let us know what you go with and what you though of all of the speakers if you listen to them. I want to get a set of components but im kind of broke since I just started working and I get paid once a month. I guess I just have to wait until I have a little extra cash.
first off my bad for taking so long to get back!! i kinda forgot about this topic after the first couple days after i posted it the section seemed dead for sum reason???

i got a kicker amp allready that ive had for DAYS, ive been laggin on my highs for days because the stock ones i had in my trailblazer were bose and not to terrilbe.....but its just time to upgrade

i got the kicker 250.2 amp and i was going to use....think that would be coo? or should i sell it and cop one thats right for a componet system??

another thing is the shops around here are kinda week....i mean they got 6x9s and likes (the ones with the tweeter on the mids type thing)

but none of em have there componet shit hooked up....and from what i heard componet systems are the thing to go for qaulity right??

thanks for the info though!!!

ill make sure the shit is silk though....ive heard that from a couple people

Aug 9, 2006
memphis is supposebly the "up and coming" brand.....ive heard they been shittin on a lot of brand in the comps.....my boy works at a shop that has memphis and mtx solely pretty much...he may be a lil biased but hes been telling me to get the memphis...

ive heard the same memphiscomponet system that would go in my truck in one that my boy worked on under the table at his house and it sounded DAMN good...but ive yet to hear the JL ones....

Feb 2, 2006
personally i think JL is overrated but it is acceptable. i aint heard them components but i heard FOCAL makes some nice sounding compnents MB quart is pretty good for cheap ones i used to be a big JL fan till i blew my subs and i realized its just a fucking speaker.

for that price though if they all the same price just get the jl

Aug 9, 2006
my shits in the mail!!

i ended up going with the memphis...the memphis m class....289 a pair...got it from woofersetc.com

they were late shipping em out so they upgraded me to the newest 08 editions they got...

hopefully im not disapointed.....they should sound really good

Aug 9, 2006
i got all my shit put in.....my beat is finally done and im done buying car audio for a while....im hella happy with the sound now.....

its fuckin LOUD

i got people muggin hard now....