Boxes / Enclosures

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Their are TONS & TONS of people out there that make custom ported boxes. Shit go to any place that installs systems and they'll have at least a few guys that can make you one and will help you get exactly what you want out of it. If you're good with making shit you can find about 23462 sites off google that will give you a detailed explanation how to make one.

If you're just trying to get a sealed box then you don't really need to go out and spend money on a "custom" one. A sealed box is a sealed box. Depending on what kind of sub you have you should be able to find exact specs on the size of the box to get the best SQ possible.

question about boxes...

I mind as well post this in this thread,

I just bought a new 12 and a new amp for the 12, shit sounds WACK...

I'm thinking it's the ghetto ass box that I made. I have a wedge box (for trucks mainly) and I've tweaked it with some scrap wood to have it fit the 12 I bought (the box was made for a specific sub, older JL, which was alot smaller than what I have now)...there is only 4 or 5 screws holding the sub down in the 2x4's/

maybe a stupid question...but..is this why my bass sounds like shit?

if so, I found a box on a used site in my city for $40, should I buy it and test it?

also ... I'm using a 30a fuse for power to lead (this was upgraded from a 15a which couldnt even hold my speaker bass) if I get a higher a fuse say a 40a or 50a, is that dangerous, and will it improve my sound ?

Thanks

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It's all good folks... they got me a custom made "sealed" box, got the beat hooked up and it slaps pretty hard. Was just bumpin Keak da Sneak "Her Name".