Best iPod Deck

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 1, 2006
Right now I have an Alpine 9857 controlling my iPod which I keep tucked in my glove compartment.

It's a good lil deck but the navigation and control of the iPod suck

Thinking about upgrading to this
Alpine IDA-X100

I was testing it out today and it's a lot easier to control...

All I want is a second opinion or if you know of any other decks that do a good job of controlling an iPod. Not no aux but control through the deck

Jun 15, 2005
fuuuck that, i got home repairs to do. I don't wanna roll with that cd connector thing, but i might have to.

Thanks though, Vis

Dec 4, 2004
damn that alpines fuckin cleen...i might end up getting it. i have the aux input in my car but i dont like having to look down at my ipod and controlling it from there...i also subscribe to sirius satellite and that one is satellite ready it says. might have to cop ths..

Jan 1, 2006
i had an alpine deck similar to the first one in my BMW, but it was a bitch to navigate through playlists with 500+ songs on them

::
I feel you on that tip... that's the dilemma I've been having since I've bought. Had to make individual playlists but still it was a bitch to get to one particular song.

I'm a song hopper... will only play about a minute or 2 of a track before I get tired of it

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
^Need to get new and better music.

I have a honda control box thing that i got from crutchfield, it's not that bad controlling with the ipod, but, that alpine deck looks sleek, too bad i can't install third party decks, thank you honda. I can still use my steering wheel controls though, so that's a bit cool.

Jan 1, 2006
^Need to get new and better music.

I have a honda control box thing that i got from crutchfield, it's not that bad controlling with the ipod, but, that alpine deck looks sleek, too bad i can't install third party decks, thank you honda. I can still use my steering wheel controls though, so that's a bit cool.
I just like to rotate through my music. Sometimes I'll be feeling some old school one day, then I'll flip it for the rock, then rap. Can't decide on one genre.

Steering wheel controls are coo though...

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I just hooked my ipod up to the RCA AUX input jacks on the back of my deck using a RCA too 2.5mm adapter. Works perfect. Might not control it through the deck but I didnt want that. I wanted to control it through the ipod and play it through the speakers.

Nov 20, 2005
i have a pioneer deck with ipod hook up. its decent in navigating through the ipod.

pioneer just came out with a new line of decks aimed at ipod owners. i might upgrade.

~k.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I have a Pioneer 5900ib I got it for Christmas and it works really well with my Ipod. The only thing that sucks is when you want to find a certain artist and you have to scroll through a shit load of names to find the one you want but if you have play lists it works well. What I want on a new deck is to be able to scroll like you do on an Ipod where you can scroll by letter if you are scrolling fast enough that would help with finding what you want to listen too.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
The other thing that is good about the pioneer decks is that the nob moves like a joy stick so the faceplate isn't cluttered with a bunch of buttons on it. You should take a look at this deck it looks similar to that alpine one:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7216_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P980BT.html#
I have heard good things about the alpine decks though and I heard that the Kenwood eXcelon decks are really nice too.

Jan 1, 2006
The other thing that is good about the pioneer decks is that the nob moves like a joy stick so the faceplate isn't cluttered with a bunch of buttons on it. You should take a look at this deck it looks similar to that alpine one:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7216_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P980BT.html#
I have heard good things about the alpine decks though and I heard that the Kenwood eXcelon decks are really nice too.
That pioneer one looks pretty neat...

I dunno I might end up putting a mac mini in my rider with a touch screen. Honestly I feel that car electronics, especially decks are whimpy as hell.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
That pioneer one looks pretty neat...

I dunno I might end up putting a mac mini in my rider with a touch screen. Honestly I feel that car electronics, especially decks are whimpy as hell.
You should put a solid state hard drive or a laptop hard drive in it so that you don't kill the regular hard drive. That would be a nice project though you could have all kinds of shit in your car with that. Instead of the mac you might be able to just build a PC in a mini case cheaper but maybe not I know the mac mini is really cheap.