Best amps?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
ive heard kicker/phoenix gold and rockford fosgate make good amps.. any suggestions? 2-4 channel would be good, be able to push the 15" 1000w rms sub and some speakers without blowing them or overloading.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I have a kenwood eXcelon and I really like it but for Kenwood I would stay away from their lower end amps you are safe with the eXcelon series though since it is the premium series. I have also heard a lot of good stuff about phoenix gold and some kicker amps. You should just get a mono amp if you need 1000W RMS and power the interior speakers with a 2 or 4ch amp.

Jan 5, 2006
thats what i got right now.. a mono amp.. doesnt the power just run to only 1 thing tho? because my speakers dont sound as good as they probably should.. just the subwoofer is getting the juice.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
thats what i got right now.. a mono amp.. doesnt the power just run to only 1 thing tho? because my speakers dont sound as good as they probably should.. just the subwoofer is getting the juice.
You want to go with a mono for the sub only and then for the speakers you need a 2 or 4 channel amp. The quality of the amp depends on your budget JL makes really nice stuff but they are expensive. Zapco amps are supposed to be top of the line too but from what I have seen they are also expensive but I hear that their multi channel amps are probably the best. What type of speakers do you have? and what type of sub? Try and give us a link to them so that we can see all of the specs too.

Feb 26, 2006
JL Audio, Zapco, Alpine. THe JL's I believe have built in equalizers for your music.

Personally I stay away from Kicker. They hit hard and are extremely underrated wattage wise. They push out out more than they say but in the long run that is bad for an amp.

JL Audio and Zapco offtop if you cann afford it, but your paying for premium quality.

Jun 4, 2004
I don't know about the newer Rockford Fosgate... but the older Punch Amps were bullet proof and pushed the subs hard!!!! I ran 2 12" Punch (Big Magnet) in a sealed box and it was deep bass with only a Punch 75 Amp. As for subs I prefer Kicker and for Amps Rockford Fosgate.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I CAN'T BELIEVE NONE OF YOU MENTIONED "MTX"!!!
I haven't had experience with MTX but my brother had a little 2 channel amp that is like 340W RMS at 2ohms and he connected it to my type R which takes 300W rms just to test it and it surprised the hell out of me I wouldn't have expected it to make my sub hit that hard.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
i got Diamond Audio for my Amps/ subs / components ...... step ur car audio system up
Agreed.

Diamond is VERY nice for any of you that don't know. I was probably going to be the 6th or 7th brand on my list that I already posted. Again though, you're going to have to have some pretty deep pockets to get this shit though.