audio question for reals

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i had to jump my whip last night you digg? and now everytime i brake my slump cuts down..but when i let off it comes back. what the fuck?

Aug 24, 2003
Chances are you are drawing more current than your alternator is producing, thus your battery is not charging properly and you drained your battery down and are causing significant voltage dropping. I would guess that your vehicle is power everything, thus without power you arent doing much of anything. Everything your lights, fuel pump, brake booster all that shit is tied to your electrical system. Or in some rare ass instance, you might have a loose ground wire somewhere or bad connection, and when you brake it's pulling apart and almost disconnecting, then it goes back together when you start gassing again. If that's the case, your whip is a fire waiting to happen at any moment, if electricity arcs between there it is hotter than the surface of the sun, and if it breaks while electrified your ass better have a fire extinguisher handy. First you need to make sure all the battery leads and grounds and amplifier connections and grounds are all properly connected.

Then you need to recharge your battery, schucks or autozone will do that for you for free, also you might have damaged it by discharging it all the way, if they recharge it and tell you that it's not holding a charge properly they're probably not pulling your leg to get you to buy a new battery, you might've ruined it.

What comes next is you could switch to a deep cycle battery, like one of those yellow optima ones, it might alleviate the problem and you wont kill your battery by discharging it over and over, its actually meant to handle that. I would do a big "3" upgrade too, which is a charging lead and ground upgrade meant to eliminate voltage dropping which sounds like your problem. Just google "big 3 upgrade" and you should find plenty of great information on how to do it. And if you never want to deal with voltage dropping again you can go with a bigger alternator designed to produce a lot more power and current. Stock alternators just arent built for adding amps and subs breh. Also your system will get way way louder