Who's the Weakest Member of Slaughterhouse??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
I was talking with some of my friends about who they thought was the weakest member of Slaughterhouse.

I had always felt it was Joe Budden.

How I rate them:

(from best to worst)

Royce
Crooked
Ortiz
Budden

But Joell Ortiz got the most votes, with Royce next, and Joe third. No Votes for Crooked I.

What do people on the siccness think?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
not the biggest fan of buddens, his flow is nice but i always seen him as kind of a douche bag

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
Royce,...no swag
Yeah cuz I listen to artists for their swag, fuck outta here...

That's the whole problem with rap now, they base how good rappers are by there personal appearance and their lifestyles. That;s how people like wiz kahlifa get famous. No substance, same ol content and flow. But oh he smokes weed and the girls like him so he;s good.

Props: BO$$

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Alot of people dont agree with me but I like Ortiz's flow alot. hes got that grimy east coast style

He kills this shit on the second verse

Apr 2, 2010
wow really?

I get it if you don't like them... but they suck?

it's good though... we all got opinions

my least favorite is Budden... but lyrically he's still very dope
Royce was fuckin dope back in the day, now the dude is washed up as fuck.
Joell Ortiz is just boring, dude has no flow and simple lyrics.
Buddens same as above^

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Royce was fuckin dope back in the day, now the dude is washed up as fuck.
Joell Ortiz is just boring, dude has no flow and simple lyrics.
Buddens same as above^
damn, really?

I've been a Royce fan for a long time... and think some of his new shit is really good

he had a period where he seemed to be washed up, but revived himself in the past year or so... Street Hop was a really good album IMO

and Ortiz and Budden have no flow and simple lyrics?

I could see if you weren't feeling Budden's flow... because it's kinda choppy... but his lyrics are far from simple... if you listen to some of the wordplay and rhyme schemes he uses... it's quite complex, and the opposite of simple

sorry not trying to tell you that you're wrong... I'm just kinda shocked at someone saying anyone in Slaughterhouse has "simple lyrics" but hey... just my opinion...

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
id say budden even tho im starting to become a fan hes grown on me ....but yea they sud drop joell n budden add tech 9 n eminem that wud be a real slaughterhouse im drunk and smoked sum great erb but that wud win

Apr 2, 2010
I heard absolutely everything Joe Budden came out with besides MM4, the only reason I didn't get that cd is because I gave up on Joe Budden and all other members of Slaughterhouse besides Crooked I.

The song you posted does have simple lyrics, do the lyrics carry meaning? Yes, but don't mistake that for a complex or creative song regardless how effective the lines he is using are. (Really only because they are down to earth and straight forward lines you get right away, Young Buck makes emotional songs does that mean his lyrics are creative?)

This is an example of non-simple lyrics:

I even gave you one of his more simpler songs to be fair, one of the few joints I can understand from him when I was a kid.

Jul 29, 2008
NO ONES WEAK IN THAT GROUP CUZ IN ANY SONG ONE CAN OUTSHINE THE NEXT AND THAT'S WHY I LIKE THEIR MUSIC....CROOKED I IS MY FAVORITE OUT THE GROUP BUT NONE OF EM ARE WEAK.....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I heard absolutely everything Joe Budden came out with besides MM4, the only reason I didn't get that cd is because I gave up on Joe Budden and all other members of Slaughterhouse besides Crooked I.

The song you posted does have simple lyrics, do the lyrics carry meaning? Yes, but don't mistake that for a complex or creative song regardless how effective the lines he is using are. (Really only because they are down to earth and straight forward lines you get right away, Young Buck makes emotional songs does that mean his lyrics are creative?)

This is an example of non-simple lyrics:

I even gave you one of his more simpler songs to be fair, one of the few joints I can understand from him when I was a kid.
what exactly do you mean by complex

are you referring the the flow and rhyme patterns... like using multi syllable rhyming, etc?

because if that's the cause... he's OK... the weakest in Slaughterhouse for sure... not as good as a lot of rappers, but better than a lot as well

if you're talking about punchlines/wordplay/metaphors... he's pretty fuckin dope, IMO at least.... sometimes if you're not paying attention they may slip past you... but he says some slick shit

I don't listen to Budden enough to name some songs or lines off top, and really don't care enough to search youtube... so yeah... whatever. I'm not even a big Joe Budden fan, in the fact that I rarely listen to his solo shit... but I think he is a talented rapper... whatever...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
they are all great rappers, i just wanna hear stuff from them that isn't a 6 minute cut of them al rapping their asses off. Show me some well constructed songs, im still pretty guilty of not keeping up with them as a group mainly cuz i see budden as kind of a doushe bag.