Who still buy CDs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
if theres a physical copy available for something i like, i buy it...and if you have an mp3 only project, you REALLY have to blow me away for me to make the purchase...ive purchased about 5 digital albums in the past 5 years..i do not support your mp3s...i buy about 3 - 4 cds a month on average these days

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I still buy CDs and will continue to do so. Sometimes, I hear a good beat or a good featured verse and want to know who did the beat or spit the verse and there is just something about having the credits right there to get the information instead of having to get onto the internet and look it up. Nowadays, everyone is making their projects mainly digital and maybe only 1,000 pressed CDs for people like me. I've realized that as soon as an album is released on CD, I have to buy it immediately because otherwise all of the CDs will be sold out never to be repressed and I'm shit out of luck. I've been looking for 3 Joe Blow albums for a long time now. I know I could download them, but I know they exist on CD and eventually I'll find them.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I mostly buy vinyl these days when buying in the physical format. I'll buy a handful of cds or tapes a year if those are the only options. I'll actually buy digital formats if it's a reasonable price and an up and coming artist I really like. Usually I try to got to shows to support though, maybe pick up some merch if they have stuff I like.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Only problem with buying vinyl is when u spend a lot on a rare record and then it skips... it always costs me at least $20 for vinyl shipping international, so I gotta pay again to send it back

Feb 23, 2005
nep.503
I've bought only a handful of mp3 albums. that's only when there is no other format. but I have recently got into buying again, only certain artists who I feel compelled to support, latelty though go to everyday music. and cop a few oldies while I browse

Dec 17, 2005
I like buying CDs but never have anywhere to put them and hate having to rip them to put em on my phone so I stopped all that nonsense.
My experience too, so I just buy mp3s now (pretty frequently, probably a few dozen albums in 2014). After the 2nd time I moved, trying to bring all those hard copies got annoying, especially considering I only pull out the CDs when I'm gonna be in a car with no Aux port.

Dec 17, 2005
I like his lyrics but he has ceiling isnt very high IMO. He has no real range. Monotone and boring, I dont think hes living up to the hype. I feel like I was wrong about him having a lot of potential.
I was thinking about this earlier today. I think Exile is one of the most underrated producers in Hip Hop, because you see this same pattern w/ all the rappers he works with (even Blu to an extent). On his beats they sound like they have all the potential in the world, then end up sounding really mediocre/lackadaisical whenever they're not.