Who still buy CDs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

whitedawg

Dy-verse Productions CEO
Jun 4, 2002
San Mateo
www.linktr.ee
I think that Cd's are still very useful, they still play in the car,on your computer, old cd players, and you have the visuals that come along with the bootleg, and plus I work with any record label and have Cd's available

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I rarely buy a CD right when it drops even if I'm a big fan of the artist,
I used to say the same thing but now it seems like artists mainly rely on their digital sales and will only press up maybe 1,000 CDs. I've learned within the last few years that if I don't buy it right away, most of the online sellers are going to sell out and then I'm going to have a hard time finding it a year after it was released or end up paying twice what it was originally selling for on its release date. So now I just end up buying the CDs very soon after they are released.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I used to say the same thing but now it seems like artists mainly rely on their digital sales and will only press up maybe 1,000 CDs. I've learned within the last few years that if I don't buy it right away, most of the online sellers are going to sell out and then I'm going to have a hard time finding it a year after it was released or end up paying twice what it was originally selling for on its release date. So now I just end up buying the CDs very soon after they are released.
Yup, same here... I want to own a physical copy and they rarely press many units

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
I also collect a lot of rare albums... whats the rarest one you got?
The rarest one I have is Spooky G & Blackjack - Straight DooDooism that came out on cassette in 1994 and again in 2009. I have both.

I see you have that Jhiame CD. I never could find that here in Texas.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
going digital is getting complicated as fuck with all the clouds you have to buy and hacking and shit. I've always preferred hard copies and I still do. Especially if it's local or my favorite artists I'll support. But those thin ass hard copies like Kanyes or Pusha T I fucking hate. No reason to buy hard copies or even buy if they don't put in visual efforts in presenting hard copies

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
going digital is getting complicated as fuck with all the clouds you have to buy and hacking and shit. I've always preferred hard copies and I still do. Especially if it's local or my favorite artists I'll support. But those thin ass hard copies like Kanyes or Pusha T I fucking hate. No reason to buy hard copies or even buy if they don't put in visual efforts in presenting hard copies
I feel ya on that one... its bcuz few people buy their CDs over digital, so they make no effort on the CD pressings... they used to make a effort back in the day

Did you see that documentary on Pen & Pixel that just came out? They say they went from a multi-million-dollar company in 2001 to filing for bankruptcy in 2003 for 2 reasons: 9/11 made artists scared of flying to the studio, and the internet and MP3 downloading made people focus on the artwork less

May 3, 2002
Original pressed copies are gonna get harder to come by it seems. I spoke to an artist a few days ago about purchasing some of his releases and he said he only presses about 100 copies when the album drops bc the demand for original presses isn't as high anymore, so he mainly sticks to the digital scene, I guess it makes sense i've never seen a hard copy of his albums to date.

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
I never seen anybody else with the og press other than that collector I bought it from
I've seen it pop up on eBay from time to time. The lowest it goes for is $300 USD and the highest it goes for is $500 USD. I doubt even Jhiame himself has any coppies left of Scream'n Dat Pimpin'. I should know because I reviewed Scream'n Dat Pimpin' back in 2014 for an album review I did for him.
With that said, I do still buy CDs. However I'm still behind on vinyls.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I've seen it pop up on eBay from time to time. The lowest it goes for is $300 USD and the highest it goes for is $500 USD. I doubt even Jhiame himself has any coppies left of Scream'n Dat Pimpin'. I should know because I reviewed Scream'n Dat Pimpin' back in 2014 for an album review I did for him.
With that said, I do still buy CDs. However I'm still behind on vinyls.
you heard this new track from Jhiame? super dope