Troy Ave Charged With Attempted Murder After T.I. Concert Shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Troy Ave Arrested At Hospital After T.I. Concert Shooting | HipHopDX

New York City, NY - Troy Ave has been charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon. This news comes via the NYPD's Twitter account.

The Major Without a Deal rapper was arrested earlier today (May 26) after reportedly shooting himself in the leg at a T.I. concert yesterday (May 25) at Irving Plaza. He was initially charged with reckless endangerment.

Troy Ave's alleged bodyguard, Banga, was killed in the shooting. Two others were injured and taken to Bellevue Hospital.

ARREST UPDATE: Roland Collins (A.K.A. Troy Ave), 33, charged with Attempted Murder & Criminal Possession of a Weapon https://t.co/pb7IbuwbK5
— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) May 26, 2016

(This article was first published today [May 26, 2016] and is as follows.)

Troy Ave was arrested today (May 26) at the hospital after being shot in the leg at a T.I. concert at New York's Irving Plaza yesterday (May 25), the NYDailyNews has learned.

The BSB rapper reportedly shot himself after opening fire backstage at the show. A video released by the New York Police Department allegedly shows Ave pulling out a gun after he got in a confrontation with Maino. He is facing charges of reckless endangerment and illegal weapons possession.

The 33-year-old rapper, born Roland Collins, was driven to NYU Langone Medical Center where he was treated for his injuries and then taken into police custody.

Ave's bodyguard, Banga, was killed in the incident. A 34-year-old male and 24-year-old woman were also shot in the chest and leg, respectively and
were transported to nearby Bellevue Hospital to be treated for their injuries.

Police are still analyzing ballastic evidence to determine if Ave was the one who killed Banga, where he will face a likely murder charge.

Young Lito, a rapper also in Ave's BSB took to Twitter to call out the reports, writing "Daily News is dickheads that's bullshit..

Meanwhile across town, Rose McPhatter, the mother of Banga (real name Ronald “Edgar” McPhatter), slammed Troy Ave for his alleged actions.

“He actually cared a lot about Troy Ave. My wish is that Troy Ave cared as much about my son as he cared about him. I say that because I watched how my son would always bend over backwards to help him,” she told the NYDailyNews. “If he (Troy Ave) cared about my son as much as he alleged he does, I would've received a call from him. He didn't call me. He didn't call any of my other sons.”

Police say around 950 people fled the building in a state of panic.

The video of the alleged incident can be seen below.

Nov 18, 2010
The common story people are saying is troy punched tax in the face, tax's boy shot at troy and killed banga, troy fought for the gun and got shot in the leg then chased after tax and tried to kill him with that same gun.

It makes sense too, watch the first video in the first second or two u see a guy with tax's fucked up hairline falling over tryna get away by the couch. Troy was gonna shoot him right there but the gun wasnt cocked, then tax ran and troy tried to line up his shot.

Regardless of what happened this is why i hate lames like taxstone, add nothing to hiphop but just instigating shit then when shit happens they rely on their boys.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I think Troy Ave was trying was too hard and his movement wasnt organic at all. WHen Chief Keef blew up, the streets/people created that buzz. same with asap rocky, same with odd future, I could go on and on. I liked Troy Ave's music and liked what he stood for, "restoring the feeling." But nobody was feeling his shit and I think mainly because he was a 50 cent clone. He also had nobody to vouch for him.

Taxstone came outta nowhere and came to prominence when him and Joe Budden got into it on his podcast. Before that incident, i never heard of dude. Based on the interviews and podcasts I have heard, he seems like sum grimy ass New York nigga lol

All bad for Troy Ave, if the stories are true then hopefully he can get the attempted murder charge dropped and serve time for the other shit. But he going to need the second coming of Johnnie Cochran and some witnesses. He may also need to take the stand and point Taxstone out too.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2010
But at the same time Troy's whole rap career is basically based off instigating shit with rappers that have more buzz than him so I guess it came full circle.

I also have no idea who Taxstone is.
That is true, i mean even his boy who got killed was the same dude who grabbed makonnen and punched him a couple times before disappearing into the crowd.

I think Troy Ave was trying was too hard and his movement wasnt organic at all. WHen Chief Keef blew up, the streets/people created that buzz. same with asap rocky, same with odd future, I could go on and on. I liked Troy Ave's music and liked what he stood for, "restoring the feeling." But nobody was feeling his shit and I think mainly because he was a 50 cent clone. He also had nobody to vouch for him.

Taxstone came outta nowhere and came to prominence when him and Joe Budden got into it on his podcast. Before that incident, i never heard of dude. Based on the interviews and podcasts I have heard, he seems like sum grimy ass New York nigga lol

All bad for Troy Ave, if the stores are true then hopefully he can get the attempted murder charge dropped and serve time for the other shit. But he going to need the second coming of Johnnie Cochran and some witnesses. He may also need to take the stand and point Taxstone out too.
Yeah theyre def gonna pin the body of his friend on him, i mean they probably were regardless but if he did actually take the shooter's gun in a scuffle, it's a wrap. 10 years the best he can hope for with an amazing lawyer and some good deals. I dont see troy as being someone who'd rat tho, too much pride and ego (the same shit that got him into this mess).

I will admit tho the budden argument was hilarious and i like that tax rips into ebro for never promoting ny artists. But he is weird, someone made a compilation of his tweets talkin shit about troy and there is literally like 90 lol

At the end of the day it is deeper than rap cuz theyre from two diff hoods in BK that are beefing. Probably gonna be a hot summer over there.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Exactly. I think if he had someone who was popular cosigning him or if he had some records with pop stars, he would have done better. I thought his beat selection could have been better too though...He never really had bangers, it was more like him making cool songs from subpar beats.