Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
DAMN ended up bieng a really fucking great album to me, much more also, the collectors edition. With that said, I’ve only listened to the album as far as dissecting, on psychedelics. and something about that shit just seems to go PERFECT with my trips, especially kittyflipping. Which I’m sure only I know what the fuck that is. Anyways, I seriously might place damn with one of my favorite albums this decade that came out on a mainstream scale. Won’t be anyone else’s favorite, but that shit really kinda spoke to me. To be honest, looking at shit since section.80 to now, I don’t wanna speak too early? But bro has had a great run as far as albums. On the West only a few ppl really pulled that off. Snoop ain’t even had a run like that and he’s our damn near ambassador.

He’s kinda like the thing the West always needed to have, someone in the trenches that was woke. Not too far away from the streets and the gang life, but in the middle-enough to be different but also speak on some real street shit. If I think about it, only person we got like that right now on the south cali tip that’s mainstream is maybe nipsey. I can’t say don Kennedy counts.. so right now Kendrick is really running shit out here in my opinion.

Plus he just killed that role on power. Shit had me dying.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
Ill admit the album has grown on me a little more. I find it to be "good" really the whole way through. Just press play.

While I can just press play, I dont find really any of it to be "great". Some albums are great 50-75%, this one is good 100% of the way.

It stays in my rotation - just not heavy.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I ain’t checked redemption yet but I fuck with this song. Back in the day jay rock was the one holding down TDE. I remember he used to roll around in a TDE promo van before they was even poppin. Back when no one knew bout no Kendrick

That nigga used to be the head of tde to me. I gotta peep the slbum