Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
this album is pretty mediocre, im blaming the tde fanbase making him try to be more palatable to modern hip hop heads smh disappointed
Really?

Shit I am really digging it! Like, a lot! Way more than Kendrick's album.

If there is anything disappointing about it, is that its only 11 tracks. I never really listened to the singles, so they are basically new to me. But if you did listen to those tracks, then it cuts the album length down even more.

But there is really not 1 skippable track and I really dib the vibe of the album.

It is like 1,000,000x better than Follow Me Home.

I'd tell you my favorite tracks but they are all hitting!

Just wish it was like 15 tracks. But aint no filler so maybe its not a bad thing.

TDE was kind of losing me but they brought me back around with this.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
downloading, i always liked kendrick but im lookin at him different now that he done blew up and all this shit, vice land lookin extra whitey with that kendrick hour special, but they was always whitey, its just now vice aint even lookin like the voice for the people now that they got the money big booty bitches they truly brackin'

i didnt really listen to uhh to pimp a butterfly, i prolly heard most of the songs off of it because just being around muthafuckas u gon hear the whole shit eventually. kinda like how it was with eminem albums i never listened to dudes albums in full but i eventually heard the entire album in full just being around people....a few songs on the internet a few songs in cars a few songs in pepels houses a few songs on my own thinkin i never heard the album, and then i heard it all. so WO really sittin down with the album im sure i heard it all. i almost bought that or good kid, which i heard all of and loved.

i guess altogether kendrick is a great rapper and im glad hes from southern cali cuz thats another win for us in so cali, the bay always get all the props and the mentions and the whole shit, most ppl would say theyre mad that schoolboy q and ab soul dont get mentioned but them niggas honestly never will have the fire kendrick has...not even ab soul...yall niggas hopin for some god comes back to earth type shit thinkin ab soul gonna pull some 'the album we want jay electronica to drop' shit never gon happen

kendrick showed he got the mindstate to drop classics with good kid.....i got my trust in dude awards or no...hes prolly one of the more concision rappers to get a award if u think about it even tho kendrick is still in a way, like 'nerd-hood"....but to end my post schoolboy q aint pullin it off cuz he aint got his shit together as far as his style and what he wanna rap about...ab soul done rapped too much in albums to know what to rap about now..only possibiliy is for jay rock to move on from what hes put out now to drop some newer more classic shit, and ill be waitin.

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
the first verse or two on the first song, lyrically pretty much explains why i like kendrick.

this whole EP could fail and i'd give him props for that one part.
that was hella well written and visually painted the picture he was attempting to

Last edited:

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
I was feeling this way more than TPAB. (I'll probably have to revisit that a couple years from now). It's way more loose, raw, and enjoyable.

Here's an edit of Untitled 03 splicing in the live performance from Colbert where it debuted.

Here's an edit of Untitled 08 splicing in the live performance from Fallon.

Both sound great and it brings a lot more energy to the tracks.

edit: [ame="https://clyp.it/qkzvwj32.mp3"]2nd edit of Untitled 03 with live intro.[/ame]

edit2: for some fucking reason the 3rd track wants to auto-embed. it's Untitled 03 + the intro. quote my post then right click, save as

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i love the new kendrick album, he did some shit that i think people completely sleep on that was my aim with my radio station, being raw. first album ive soaked up in a long time.

was great to hear some shit on that tip from someone dope.

i havent soaked in to pimp a butterfly yet, but ive taken in good kid maad city and untitled unfinished, very much. more than the normal person. so when i take a second with to pimp a butterfly (a year or so from now when 'king kunta' and 'alright' are not as obvious to me) im gonna like it alot more so ima give it some breathing room.

kendrick might be one of my favs right now
it takes alot to get into my signature. i dont let just anyone on my name, underneath me to get free promotion off me as a person. i value myself alot and im not gonna cosign just anything or anyone with my own name, which i cosign everything about.

Last edited:

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
ScHoolboy Q - Blank Face LP

01. TorcH [Prod. by Nez & Rio, background vocals by Anderdon .Paak]
02. Lord Have Mercy [Prod. by Swizz Beatz, background vocals by Swizz Beatz]
03. THat Part (feat. Kanye West) [Prod. by Cardo, Yex, & Cubeatz, co-prod. by Sounwave]
04. Groovy Tony / Eddie Kane (feat. Jadakiss) [Prod. by Taebeast & Dem Jointz, background vocals by Dem Jointz & Candice Pillay]
05. Kno Ya Wrong (feat. Lance Skiiiwalker) [Prod. by The AlcHemist & J.Lbs, co-prod. by Terrace Martin]
06. Ride Out (feat. Vince Staples) [Prod. by Sounwave]
07. WHateva U Want (feat. Candice Pillay) [Prod. by Taebeast]
08. By Any Means [Prod. by Cardo & Yex, background vocals by Kendrick Lamar, Candice Pillay, & Terrace Martin]
09. Dope Dealer (feat. E-40) [Prod. by Metro Boomin & SoutHside]
10. JoHn Muir [Prod. by Sounwave, background vocals by Sam Dew]
11. Big Body (feat. Tha Dogg Pound) [Prod. by Tyler, tHe Creator, background vocals by Candice Pillay]
12. Neva CHange (feat. SZA) [Prod. by DJ DaHi & Larrance Dopson of 1500 or NotHin']
13. Str8 Ballin [Prod. by Nez & Rio, background vocals by Jesse Rankins of WatcH tHe Duck]
14. Black THougHts [Prod. by Willie B, background vocals by Trayvon Ray Cail & Kendrick Lamar]
15. Blank Face (feat. Anderson .Paak) [Prod. by Sounwave & Tony Russell]
16. Overtime (feat. Miguel & Justine Skye) [Prod. by Cardo, Yex, & Frank Dukes, background vocals by Kendrick Lamar]
17. Tookie Knows II (feat. Traffic & TF) [Prod. by Nez & Rio]
+Digital Booklet – Blank Face LP

iTunes

THat Part [Black Hippy Remix]:

iTunes

cdq

Last edited: