Too Short vs. Devin the Dude

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who's better?

• Devin The Dude

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Too Short

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Equal

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2002
whos the reigning champ of raps about freaky bitches,

Short has the catalog, but I think Devin has a little more style and lyrical quality

The short albums I owned, Cocktails, Get In Where You Fit In, Gettin It, Can't Stay Away, You Nasty, and that double album around 2000 where he went down to ATL i forget that album name.

Devin albums Ive had, Devin the Dude, Just Tryin Ta Live, Gotta Be Me (the shit).

I can't even call it what do you think

Jan 18, 2006
i like Shorts voice/delivery/flow better. He could rap to any beat damn near and theres really nothing like some old Too Shorts albums pretty much before 97 but i really like his older albums these days.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Devin is more of a pothead rapper, and since I'm a pothead myself I feel his music more....but Too Short is a legend....people listen to Devin whereas people try to emulate Short

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

whos the reigning champ of raps about freaky bitches,

Short has the catalog, but I think Devin has a little more style and lyrical quality

The short albums I owned, Cocktails, Get In Where You Fit In, Gettin It, Can't Stay Away, You Nasty, and that double album around 2000 where he went down to ATL i forget that album name.

Devin albums Ive had, Devin the Dude, Just Tryin Ta Live, Gotta Be Me (the shit).

I can't even call it what do you think
You dont even own Shorts best albums so youre basing your opinion on his weaker shit. Go listen to Born to Mack, Life is, Short Dogs in the House and Shorty the Pimp (my fav) and then the answer to your question will be obvious...

May 3, 2002
Too Short hands down, dude did this when no one else was doing it and when not every other person is claiming to be a rapper there can't even be a comparison, Devin is doing his thing in his era and Short did his during his Era. Short put Oakland on the map, that can't be said about Devin and I am a fan of Devin, but there's no comparison.

Apr 25, 2002
You dont even own Shorts best albums so youre basing your opinion on his weaker shit. Go listen to Born to Mack, Life is, Short Dogs in the House and Shorty the Pimp (my fav) and then the answer to your question will be obvious...
yea ill have to check those out, hopefully the beats dont sound too dated cause otherwise it might take a minute to fully appreciate it. if Ant Bank handled it though, should be solid

Apr 25, 2002
yea i forget where I saw this Short interview,it might have been when MTV was filming in the bay a few years ago. he was talking about being straight out the trunk with his tapes, real hiphop

Feb 8, 2003
this thread shouldnt even been created bc they make different types of music and not to mention the creator havent even heard all of shorts albums. short had some tight albums in the 00s also whats my favorite word, married to the game & blow the whistle are tight ass albums.

My favorite two albums of shorts is definately shorty the pimp & short dogs in the house.