Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards says rap is for 'tone-deaf people'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Can you elaborate more on how blacks invented rock and roll?

"Rock and roll (often written as rock & roll or rock 'n' roll) is a genre of popular music that originated and evolved in the United States during the late 1940s and early 1950s, primarily from a combination of predominantly African-American genres such as blues, boogie woogie, jump blues, jazz, and gospel music, ..."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

I'm guessing, based on my reading of your post, that you don't agree that black folks invented rock n roll...?

mq66

Sicc OG
Jul 23, 2007
"Rock and roll (often written as rock & roll or rock 'n' roll) is a genre of popular music that originated and evolved in the United States during the late 1940s and early 1950s, primarily from a combination of predominantly African-American genres such as blues, boogie woogie, jump blues, jazz, and gospel music, ..."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

I'm guessing, based on my reading of your post, that you don't agree that black folks invented rock n roll...?
No, they didn't. I'm aware that predominately african-american music had an influence of what we call rock and roll, but a room full of black dudes didn't sit down and formulate the genre. I just think there is a difference between influence/creation.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
No, they didn't. I'm aware that predominately african-american music had an influence of what we call rock and roll, but a room full of black dudes didn't sit down and formulate the genre. I just think there is a difference between influence/creation.
acknowledge the difference between influence and creation.

I'd say that chuck berry and lilttle richard pioneered the genre, and teh whites ran w it and made it what it is today.

you mean that there was a group of white dudes sitting around in a room and came up w rock n roll? said in jest but curious as to your view point.

did rock n roll start w black people at all, in your opinion? what groups, or individuals created or contributed to the creation of rock n roll?

Feb 10, 2006
Like Nas said,"No idea's original." When it comes down to music, it's all about evolution, and starting a trend/style. But I understand what that 70 year old fart means by just yelling in rap. The lyrics don't necessarily go to the rhythm of the beat and most rappers don't MC, which is another issue within the culture. But there is a lot of supported ignorant rap music to where an outsider like him can say that

Jan 18, 2015
Who cares what some old white geezer thinks about rap music? Did you expect him to say that he bumps old school E-40.

mq66

Sicc OG
Jul 23, 2007
Well if you really want to dig deep, you would see that Blues is based on Celtic music / rhythm. Kieth is a legend in Music history. I saw the Rolling Stones live in Oakland when I was 12, and when Keith came out with the first few chords of their song Satisfaction, I almost shit my pants it was so cool. All you 90's babies saying "fuck this old shit head" are dumb as fuck. He's right rap is pretty shitty now days... and it takes little or no skill. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some older mob shit. But Soulja Boy, Lean, and scraper music have disgraced the "genre.'

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i can understand the sabbath comment, heavy occult themed rock band comes out and their singer is ozzy with silly ass voice.
That's exactly why it works. Because he doesn't have a voice that you would expect and, at the time, there was nothing to really expect because they were one of the first to use occult influences in the way they did.

May 9, 2002
Well if you really want to dig deep, you would see that Blues is based on Celtic music / rhythm. .'
And if you want to dig really, REALLY deep, we can derive that music comes from neanderthals banging on dead tree stumps with rocks. So you can try and connect all the unnecessary dots until your brain melts; however it still stands that rock n roll, as WE know it, was directly pulled from blues and bluegrass, music perfected and mainly preformed by African-Americans as far back as the late 1800's. Even before that with mere vocals and clapping and no actual instruments.

Apr 25, 2002
You trippin homie. Most inventions are created by non whites. Its a fact. Black people are the most creative mofos on the planet. We use our God given gifts to create rhythms and sounds that always get copied and abused. R n R, R n B, Rap, etc...Why do you think Michael Jackson called himself "the king of pop"? He knew Elvis stole that ish so he flipped it on the world and took a title that no one ever knew existed. Creative forward thinkers. Don't get mad

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
And if you want to dig really, REALLY deep, we can derive that music comes from neanderthals banging on dead tree stumps with rocks. So you can try and connect all the unnecessary dots until your brain melts; however it still stands that rock n roll, as WE know it, was directly pulled from blues and bluegrass, music perfected and mainly preformed by African-Americans as far back as the late 1800's. Even before that with mere vocals and clapping and no actual instruments.

that chit was hella funny doe