Roc Marciano Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2012

"By Phillip Mlynar
October 31, 2013 10:25 AM ET
Rising hip-hop artist Roc Marciano has kept himself busy over the last year, and is poised to share two releases in the next two months. The biggest is his new album Marci Beaucoup, due out December 10th on Man Bites Dog.

The 13-song set will include the best of the underground rap milieu: Action Bronson, Guilty Simpson, KA, Evidence, Knowledge the Pirate, Cormega, Maffew Ragazino and AG the Coroner are all involved, while Marciano also raps on all of the songs.

The 50 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs of All Time

"Marci Beaucoup is a lot different from Reloaded," Roc Marciano tells Rolling Stone, referring to his last album which was released in late-2012 to widespread favor and featured input from Q-Tip and the Alchemist. "It's my signature hard beats and I'm sticking with working to my strengths."

Marciano talks fondly about his team-up with Bronson for a song called "456" (named after the dice game) which he promises to be "a classic-sounding Roc Marcy beat; we're just getting to it doing some straight-up rapping," as well as "Shotters," where he joins forces with Brooklyn's KA and Detroit's Guilty Simpson.

Marciano was raised in Long Island and has experienced a slow-burning industry career. He was a part of Busta Rhymes's Flipmode Squad in the late Nineties and followed that with a stint in hip-hop quartet the U.N., who recorded under the tutelage of golden era rap producer Pete Rock. 2010 saw Marciano's break-through as a solo artist though, with his endearingly dank and eerie self-produced Marcberg. It quickly became a cult favorite, with ?uestlove revealing via-tweets that he enjoyed conversations with Jay Z about the project. Last year's Reloaded continued Marciano's critical winning streak and he's recently guested on projects with members of the Wu-Tang Clan and Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy.

Marci Beaucoup's release will be preceded with a single, although Roc Marciano and his label have yet to decide which song it will be. Before then, he'll also release a project he's calling Pimpire Strikes Back. Having leaked the track-listing to Instagram earlier this month, the album will now be unveiled to the world "in a couple of days." Talking about the status of the project, Marciano says, "It's an album — I don't do mixtapes —but it's more of a fun experience from some of my other music." It includes collaborations with Marciano regulars like Action Bronson (on "Velvet Cape") and Alchemist (who produces "Sincerely Antique" and "10 Toes Down"), along with off-kilter beat constructor Madlib. "I recorded with him for a song called "The Sacrifice," Marciano says of the west coast beatsmith. "It's a combination of what we do best, with his beats that are a little out there and my rhymes that people know me for. I think it's going to catch a few peoples' ears."

Props: :ab:
Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
Anyone know if a bitrate higher than 128 exists for "Pimpire"? Just DLed that one from AudioMack/2DBz and its 128. WTF
https://mega.co.nz/#!y1R1iTbC!QpJjPm2zTHh6PO0apRAaNQw5LbEVlEF5LepPwOiKjas

i don't know if its converted from that 128 to 320 or bought from bandcamp tho, haven't listened to it yet. i don't even mind the 128 quality, beats are mostly simple soul sample loops as usual, shit kinda sound grittier

tape is really good, quality roc marciano stuff. flows like an album

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I remember posting a thread for Marcberg, not many people liked it/him back than.
It took a while for him to grow on me. Initially I hated Marcberg and couldnt get over his monotone voice and flow. Now that is what I like about him.

This new one is nice. Like someone else said it flows like an album. The standout tracks to me so far are the 2 with Action Bronson and the Madlib track...