RIP Sean Price

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

1. “Imperius Rex” (produced by Alchemist)
2. “Dead or Alive” feat. Bernadette Price (produced by The Adept fka 4th Disciple)
3. “Definition of God” (Produced by Stu Bangas. Scratches by Vega Benetton)
4. “Ape in His Apex” feat. Ruste Juxx (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
5. “Apartheid” feat. Buckshot & Steele (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
6. “Lord Have Mercy” feat. Rim P & Vic Spencer (Produced by Joe Cutz)
7. “Negus” feat. DOOM & Ike Eyez (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
8. “Church Bells” feat. Junior Reid (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
9. “The 3 Lyrical Ps” feat. Prodigy & Styles P (Produced by Harry Fraud)
10. “Not97 Skit”
11. “Refrigerator P!” (Produced by Dan The Man)
12. “Prisoner” feat. Freeway (Produced by Marco Polo)
13. “Resident Evil” (Produced by Marlon Colimon)
14. “Clans & Cliks” feat. Smif N Wessun, Rock, Method Man, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck & Foul Monday (Produced by Nottz)
15. “Rap Professor” (Produced by DJ Skizz)
16. “Price Family” feat. Bernadette Price (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
08/08/17

RIP Decepticon Sean

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
July 21, 2017 | Published By Parfit
One Of Sean Price’s Last Ever Freestyles Was Powered By The Sounds Of Bogota

Over the years, DJ and producer Mr. Green has released a series of videos titled “Live From The Streets.” The visuals feature Mr. Green traveling to various locations around the world, where he records sounds from the streets which he then uses to create beats. In past episodes, Green has gone to places ranging from Houston to Hamburg.

Today (July 21), Green releases a special edition of his show that is bittersweet. Two years ago, he traveled to Bogota, Columbia, where he captured a number of exotic sounds, including a man beatboxing, a street flutist, a singer and even Flavor Flav in concert with Public Enemy. After Green fused the elements to create his beat, he invited Sean Price into his studio to freestyle over the track, and P obliged. What resulted was a magical moment that happened to be one of Sean’s last ever freestyles captured on video, as the MC would tragically pass away on August 8, 2015.

Early in the video, Green explains that he held onto the footage out of respect for Price’s family and with a desire to use it at a time when it would be most helpful to them. Now, with the upcoming release of Sean P’s Imperius Rex album (August 8), it seemed like the right moment.

The first half of the video shows Green taking in the sights and sounds of Bogota and explaining how he used what he captured to construct the beat. The second half of the episode features Green and Sean in the studio discussing Price’s creative process. From the top, Sean P’s one of a kind sense of humor is on display. “I’m bringing back jeans shorts. I don’t give a f*ck what nobody says,” P asserts with complete deadpan. When Green asks when Sean first started rhyming, he replies “I don’t have a date, but I was like everybody else. You listen to music. You tape sh*t. We memorized people’s rhymes, and then we went from just memorizing people’s rhymes and saying them to ‘Weird Al Yankoviching’–make a funny verse and change some words around. And, then it went from that to rapping.”

Price also detailed why he was never at a loss for rhymes. “I will never, ever have writer’s block. I’ll have bad rhymes, but I won’t have writer’s block. It was a movie, ‘Finding Forrester,’ with Sean Connery. He’s teaching the kid how to write, and [the kid] says ‘Why you write so good?’ [Sean Connery’s character] grabs the paper and just puts it in the typewriter [and says] ‘Just write. Whatever. The first draft should have no thought.'” P explains that he takes that approach to writing rhymes, hence the unorthodox nature of some of his verses. “Like ‘Figure Four,’ where the first word is a bar, ‘Botswana.’ I wrote that on the paper. Those rhymes where I just [say] like one word, and it sounds like a random word, that’s just what I wrote on the paper and downloaded from that. Know that I wrote that one word and downloaded the rest after that.”

When Price steps into the booth to record his freestyle, he seems to reference the earlier conversation. He begins his verse with “P. Off the top rapping. Unorthodox. Often off your top, rapping.” Indeed.

source

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Sean Price - Imperius Rex (2017)

Aug. 8 will mark the two-year anniversary of the death of Sean Price, and on that day, fans will have access to the late MC’s posthumous offering, Imperius Rex.

At 16 tracks, Imperius Rex will feature guest appearances from DOOM, Prodigy, Styles P, Smif N Wessun, Rock, Method Man, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck, Junior Reid, Buckshot, Ruste Juxx, Bernadette Price and more. The wordsmith’s vocals will be supported by production from the likes of Alchemist, Harry Fraud and Nottz, among a few others. Sounds perfect.
Leading up to the release date for the late Brooklyn lyricist’s newest LP, limited edition fan bundles will be made available. Among those packages will be an 84-page hardcover book that includes rare photos from different points of Price’s life, exclusive fan art, an 11×17 poster featuring the Imperius Rex cover art and the exclusive Sean Price Challenge coin.

Price is a hero in his native Brooklyn, so it’s only right there will be a party at local venue Brooklyn Bowl to celebrate the release of Imperius Rex. At the gathering, fans will be able to hear live performances from cuts on the album, and there will even be a special Sean P! Gong Show Karaoke, which will see proceeds going to Price’s family.

Sean P’s newest album is still a few weeks away from being released, but you can watch a video for “Imperius Rex,” an Alchemist-produced cut from the album, before the LP arrives. In the visual for the project, we see an animated version of Price roaming the “jungle” that is his native Brooklyn.
Check out the tracklist for the project and new video below, and take a look at the creative direction of the cover above.
1. “Imperius Rex” (produced by Alchemist)
2. “Dead or Alive” feat. Bernadette Price (produced by The Adept fka 4th Disciple)
3. “Definition of God” (Produced by Stu Bangas. Scratches by Vega Benetton)
4. “Ape in His Apex” feat. Ruste Juxx (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
5. “Apartheid” feat. Buckshot & Steele (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
6. “Lord Have Mercy” feat. Rim P & Vic Spencer (Produced by Joe Cutz)
7. “Negus” feat. DOOM & Ike Eyez (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
8. “Church Bells” feat. Junior Reid (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)
9. “The 3 Lyrical Ps” feat. Prodigy & Styles P (Produced by Harry Fraud)
10. “Not97 Skit”
11. “Refrigerator P!” (Produced by Dan The Man)
12. “Prisoner” feat. Freeway (Produced by Marco Polo)
13. “Resident Evil” (Produced by Marlon Colimon)
14. “Clans & Cliks” feat. Smif N Wessun, Rock, Method Man, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck & Foul Monday (Produced by Nottz)
15. “Rap Professor” (Produced by DJ Skizz)
16. “Price Family” feat. Bernadette Price (Produced by Crummiebeats – Fonk & .45)

iTunes

also, some dope bundles are out & proceeds go to his family:

Duck Down Music Shop

Nuttkase @Nuttkase up2nogood @up2nogood gimmefreemusic @gimmefreemusic L @lungsfull Rasan @Rasan

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Apr 4, 2015
Got Imperius Rex this week. Dope album. That sample they used on "Clicks and Gangs" where was that used already? I know it was on a well known track but just can't remember now.