Reggae and Hip-Hop??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 23, 2007
What do ya'll think about artist who do a reggae/hiphop blend? Whether it's featuring a reggae artist or just rockiing a reggae beat, what are your thoughts and what are some of your favorite reggae/hiphop tracks?

Here are a couple obvious one -

Damian Marley - Jamrock
Lil Kim - Lighter's Up
Mims ft. Junior Reid - This Is Why I'm Hot Rmx

Jun 15, 2005
Fu-Schnicken's - Ring the Alarm.

Hip Hop has long had a reggae influence, due partly to Jamaicans being black people and Reggae being "black music", or, music made by black people.

Even more largely due to a large influx of Jamaican immigrants into NY.

KRS One has Jamaican roots and has had at least one reggae inluenced jam on most of his albums...as early as '86, with 9mm Goes Bang on the Criminal Minded album.

Reggae + Hip Hop = old news...but still good news.

This has been a moment in hip hop provided by enserio.

Sep 3, 2002
A lot of people forget but The Artist who's muzicc inspired this website was heavily influenced by reggae early in his carreer:

On Nigga Deep
Season of the Siccness
The song '24 gone'
and this continues on Mr. Doc's Bombay, Odysea, Old school Kage from Sac town

And Before Sacramento, The Bay's Spice-1 had songs like "smoke em like a blunt".
Snoop and Dre been doin that shit in the Death Row days

So I like that old 90's reggae shit. Not really feelin some of the new music that's been named, but I'm being biased maybe, That Collie Budz song's alright.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Check out Zeph and Azeems album for some hip hop with a reggae influence. I was a big BDP fan so I personally like it when rappers add a little reggae flavor to their music. Im not a big fan of dancehall though...

May 11, 2002
I think Murder She Wrote, Chaka Demus and Pliers is the best dancehall track of all time. Who Am I Is sick though...
Yeah....that si a tight Dancehall track too.

I have a couple of Comp CD's called "Classic Dancehall" that were put out by Sequence Records. They have all the old school Dancehall tracks on them. I'll upload them soon and post them.

Jul 23, 2007
its hurts that someone mentioned the "this is why im hot remix".
Are you serious? That remix with Junior Reid is fire!!

I been splitting my skull over this - but what is that real sick song that features Barrington Levy (and not the Foxy Brown one)..I wanna say it was Blackstar and Barrington Levy but I may be wrong..gotta check with some sources.

One of my homegirls from Jamaica told me of a couple artists making moves..

Sizzla - myspace.com/sizzlakalonji
KC Jockey - myspace.com/kcjockey
Baby Cham - myspace.com/madhouseartist

May 11, 2002
Sizzla has been around for a while & Baby Cham released a CD a few years back that hit it half way big in the US. I think the track was "Ghetto Story". They played it on MTV Jams all the time.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Are you serious? That remix with Junior Reid is fire!!

I been splitting my skull over this - but what is that real sick song that features Barrington Levy (and not the Foxy Brown one)..I wanna say it was Blackstar and Barrington Levy but I may be wrong..gotta check with some sources.

One of my homegirls from Jamaica told me of a couple artists making moves..

Sizzla - myspace.com/sizzlakalonji
KC Jockey - myspace.com/kcjockey
Baby Cham - myspace.com/madhouseartist

shyne did a song with barrington levy that was pretty dope

Jul 23, 2007