Rappers whose personal lives ruined their Rap Careers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i stopped listening to first degree the DE when he started stalking 15 year old school girls behind bushes and shrubs in his video 'bad bitti' and facebooking underage girls talking about he love her

i stopped listening to snoop dogg when he thought he could go to jamaica and come back like hes buju banton. fuck outta here with that shit, snoop. dave chapelle didnt come back form africa thinking he was nelson mandela, fuck make you think you can came back like you crippin bob marley? you been weak ever since. jah cursed you for faking the funk. but youre a good leader for the west coast and you always been someone i looked up to so ill let that slide. but you know what i mean.

on topic: personal life that ruined they rap career?

chi ali.

to some degree, ODB. his personal life helped his rap career but was also the demise of hsi rap career (death by the same thing that people gravitated towards him for)

x raided to some degree. it didnt ruin his career, (yeah, actually murder charge kinda did) he still put music out, but he coulda been so much more than jail recordings and bullshit albums cut and pasted together.

scott storch: cocaine.

big lurch: PCP

jayo felony: to some degree, a bad attitude, but also PCP lol

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
many. almost every rapper who came here.

berner got lucky.

most real, smart rappers leave the fuck out of siccness before it ruins them. they see it ahead of time. i wont name names, lol

if that nigga crazie locs had an actual 'career' before he started sucking his own sugar shaft,id say that put the nail in the coffin.

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i wouldnt say ap9 fully ruined his rap career on siccness (some people dont know siccness exist and still like him), but ima tell you it definitely didnt help his rap career.and since the ice-t and coco shit broke here, i might as well say yea, shit damn near ruined his 'career' but he can always continue rapping on the slum/street nigga level. heh.

im not even gonna mention killa tay cuz that dude, will end up writing me paragraphs , threatening me about coming to meet him at chuck e cheese at his daughters bday party, or some other shit that basically amounts to the same thing. i think due to who he was as a rapper in his 'west coast legend' (i didnt listen to him) days, and how he is online, theres a huge difference. but at the same time he does this thign where he tries to buck up on people online in the name of the rapper he was at some point, i cant say it ruined his career, cant say it hurt it, but i can say it didnt help his career.

any rapper who has respect in the streets or for whatever reason that comes on here and does too much talking, too much arguing, too much explaining, too much fighting, and too much of anything except promotion is ruining their career atleast in the slightest. engage the fans, but dont become a siccness regular unless your willing to take that risk with your career not being respected as it used to.

cant think of anyone else at the moment.sure theres a bunch of herbs in the by that did so.

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^to go off your last topic its funny to see a-wax turn this into his fan club after years of ppl clowning him, remember when he used to have keystyle battles against regular posters on here? lol(shouts fucky for his text battle against killa tay lol)

stopped checking for lil rue after he got kicked out of 2 crews for being faulty, not the biggest offense but hes not raw enough for me to look past much

T.I. after doing crime stoppers commercials

messy marv after dissing mac dre

a lot of new booty rappers were losing their appeal cuz of twitter i just stopped checking that shit, it makes their personalities seem grating eventually

Sep 3, 2002
^to go off your last topic its funny to see a-wax turn this into his fan club after years of ppl clowning him, remember when he used to have keystyle battles against regular posters on here? lol(shouts fucky for his text battle against killa tay lol)

stopped checking for lil rue after he got kicked out of 2 crews for being faulty, not the biggest offense but hes not raw enough for me to look past much

T.I. after doing crime stoppers commercials

messy marv after dissing mac dre

a lot of new booty rappers were losing their appeal cuz of twitter i just stopped checking that shit, it makes their personalities seem grating eventually

WHAT?!?! T.I say it aint so.

What happened to "I'm just doing my job. You live here I work here." Now T.I's in the neighborhood watch. maaaaaaaan