Is “R U Still Down” better than “All Eyes on Me”? (2pac fans)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 3, 2002
I know, There’s two vastly (I’d say) different Tupac’s on these projects, different production quality, and recording/arrangement circumstances.
If you haven’t listened to 2pac in awhile maybe put on R U Still Down and tell me song for song how it measures up.

Last edited:

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I hated R U Still Down. It was full of watered down music. It was the beginning of Afeni destroying Pacs legacy...

Sep 3, 2002
All Eyes on Me has the iconic songs, the Dr. Dre Production, the Snoop Dogg and Dogg Pound Features. The subject matter and concepts of the album cater to a broader audience--- Alize and Cristal 2Pac.

R U Still down only has two singles--WOnder if Heaven Got a Ghetto and Do For Love. So clearly it's not that kind of party on that album. No glamour really. The rest are either dark outlaw or rebel Thug Life songs--91-94' Tupac.

I see people talk down on 2Pac's stint on Death Row.
So I ask is "R U Still..." The one for them then?
When 2Pac was raw and more focused on revealing his version of the Black experience?

If you liked 2pAcalypse 2Pac, I'd say this album is closer to that. "When I get Free" is a sequel to "Soulja's Story" for one.