Nor Cal vs. So Cal (from a music standpoint)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which part of Cali has the more tight rappers

• Northern

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • Southern

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters
May 30, 2006
@ TheG...... So Cal is not just LA & Nor Cal is not just the Bay.

@ RedRum....... DOC is from Dallas. And save that 95% shit. Vanilla Ice & Hammer had a bigger impact then damn near everyone u listed but that don't make them better on the mic.

And after Regulator what huge Impact has Warren G had? Dude is trash.

And all of the names u throwing out haven't made good music in hella years.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
@ RedRum....... DOC is from Dallas. And save that 95% shit. Vanilla Ice & Hammer had a bigger impact then damn near everyone u listed but that don't make them better on the mic.

And after Regulator what huge Impact has Warren G had? Dude is trash.

And all of the names u throwing out haven't made good music in hella years.
My bad on DOC.

But you talk about Hammer and Ice, then make a point about the names I listed haven't made good music in years???

My ''impact'' reference was aimed at the original user of the term, earlier in the thread.

NWA by themselves have had a bigger impact than anyone from northern California.

And you named MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, of all people...so who else? There was a reason I didn't say "100%"...

Original topic was ''who makes better music; I'd take my list, including Warren G, over Hammer and Ice.

May 30, 2006
And you named MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, of all people...so who else? There was a reason I didn't say "100%"...

Original topic was ''who makes better music; I'd take my list, including Warren G, over Hammer and Ice.
I'd take Warren over Hammer too but I was using Hammer & Vanilla Ice as examples cuz u seemed to base ur decision strictly on impact.

And it was a reason why u didn't say 100% but u shouldn't of even said 95% IMHO

Now who makes the better music let's see. We'll go back a little over 20 years.

1985-1989-So Cal....... Nor Cal only really had Too $hort while So Cal had NWA CMW, & Ice-T so that's a no brainer.

1990-1994-So Cal....... This was So Cals biggest era. They were undeniabally making the better music. Ruthless, Death Row, WC, Jayo was just coming into the pix, Quik, Eiht, SCC & too many more to name. Nor Cal was still hanging onto the Bay. Sac was emerging & a few other people out the Nor Valley were coming up but So Cal still was still ahead by several miles.

1995-1999- Nor Cal......A huge changing in the gaurd during this time. So Cal was still on fire around 95-96 & some parts of 97 but around 98-99 I smelled trouble in the South Land. Cube dropped that wack ass War & Peace CD, Mack 10 dropped a strong debut but put out bullshit afterwards. SCC fell off, Warren G fell off, Dre wasn't making much west coast music during this time. Jayo would the coldest in So Cal by far. Snoop dropped that shitty Doggfather & went to NL & dropped some more bs. Nor Cal on the other hand was smashing....... HARD, Awol, Black Market, Sick Wid It, Luniz, Cell Block-too many to name. The Bay & Nor Valley was killing shit off during this time.

2000-2004-Nor Cal........Both were decline but So Cal was declining the most. Dago brought So Cal music back to life.

2005-present- Nor Cal..... Game hit the scene hard but he's overratted & Dago is still saving So Cal from sinking into the sewer. Nor Cal presently has the better collection of spitters as of the moment.

There u have it

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
not trying to offend anybody,

but what about chronic 2001,

Xzibit, snoop, etc....

not to mention how Game did Multi PLat

like i said, bay is cool, but no need to be lying

but hey, its a northern california site so

figures

Jan 18, 2006
seems to me yall forgot about Sac. Sac was putting down the hardest by a long shot in the late 90's and even in the early 2000's. LA is dead deal with it. The older rappers is trying to hang on but Snoop and Cube aint enough. Dont even try to put the Game in the mix dude is trash

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
seems to me yall forgot about Sac. Sac was putting down the hardest by a long shot in the late 90's and even in the early 2000's. LA is dead deal with it. The older rappers is trying to hang on but Snoop and Cube aint enough. Dont even try to put the Game in the mix dude is trash
well i already proved my point with facts, you proved yours with emotions

Jun 4, 2004
L.A. is dead..... I hate to say it.. but it's true... Ice Cube does more acting than rapping... I hope his new album is good... but I have doubts... Dr. Dre... is looking like shit with the guest artists I have seen.... The Game is a name dropper... and Snoop has been to experimental lately.. he ain't Outkast.. it don't work for him... come on Country Rap with Everlast... Mix-A-Lot did that country rap shit in the 80's...

Crooked I is an ill rapper.. but he has not dropped an album only mixtapes.....

The Bay is under rated and over rated at the same time.. everyone wants to jump on the hyphy shit.. and it is getting old and over saturated... I like the new stuff.. Keak Da Sneak, Turf Talk, Balance, Mista F.A.B. but only in moderation.... artists like Too Short, E-40, Celly Cel, Spice 1, B-Legit, and all the rappers putting it down since day one I got respect for and they are never given any credit... or very little you would think the bay was always hyphy.. yeah Keak is old school because of 3x Krazy.. but he is Hyphy now..

E-40 single handedly gave hip-hop 90% of their slang and he gets little props.. E-40 in my opinion is one of the best rappers/entrepreneurs in the bay. E-40 is a lyricist.... Too Short is a dope producer he has worked with a lot of artists outside the bay and been rapping since the mid 80's...

NWA is the biggest factor in the West Coast... period, what they did changed the world.... it opened eyes.... it when from dj's and b boys... to gangsta rap over night.

"Fuck tha Police"
"Straight Outta Compton"
"Express Yourself"
People still bump NWA 20 years later...

Both make or have made good music... forget arguing your point.. it makes no difference the West Coast is being over looked for fake ass... do your dance... sing your hook... AutoTune your voice garbage and we will never rise again the market has changed.

The West Coast died with Tupac.... on September 13, 1996... f*** what you say he was the West Coast.

May 30, 2006
That's what I've been saying all along. Cats act like Nor Cal is just the Bay & So Cal is just LA.

Sac was smashing on fools in the mid to late 90's & still got heat. Not as much as they use to but they still got some. U gotta include Black Rhino from Stockton, Young Droop from Merced & even Killa Tay from Fresno. Plenty of heat. Not a Tay fan but I liked his earlier work. The public still loves him so u gotta include him. He's still rellevent.

And ur right LA is dead. Been fuckin dead. They're steady trying to hold on to the OG's who been fell off. What new up & coming talent has come out of LA in the past several years besides Game? Bishop Lamont & Roccett is about it. G Malone is weak.

SD is keeping So Cal alive. W/O Dago So Cal would be a memory IMO. Who's in the IE? 40 Glocc & Sly Boogy? GTFOH! Orange County? Nobody.
ps. Xzibit is from New Mexico not LA. he might claim LA but he aint from there.

May 30, 2006
if this question was asked in any other rap forum,

the answers would be obvious
True but how many other members on other boards are up on game on underground west coast hip hop? Some but most aren't & none compare to the members on the Siccness knowledge of mainstream/underground Cali rap.

If this was a poll on another board they would more then likely be judging mostly from a mainstream fan perspective u know it.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
True but how many other members on other boards are up on game on underground west coast hip hop? Some but most aren't & none compare to the members on the Siccness knowledge of mainstream/underground Cali rap.

If this was a poll on another board they would more then likely be judging mostly from a mainstream fan perspective u know it.
yup, Southern Ca takes the crown for mainstream