Nor Cal vs. So Cal (from a music standpoint)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which part of Cali has the more tight rappers

• Northern

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • Southern

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters
Jun 10, 2007
U need So cal and North Ca. rappers. They both have different aspects and have good artists. Cube, Snoop, Jayo, Wc, Dj Quik etc. put it down and Mac Dre, Cougnut, Cellski, Rbl, Too Short, etc. put it down. I cant choose one

Jul 2, 2008
myspace.com
you know he was going back to the east to start Makaveli records before he was killed dont you?

Heres the line

Shakur had plans of starting Makaveli Records which would have included Outlawz, Wu-Tang Clan, Big Daddy Kane, Big Syke, and Gang Starr.
cuz it would have been a good business move money wise....new york is and will always be the mecca of hip hop and especially commercial rap....

Big Syke aint from NY and the outlaws are part west coast part east coast....and on yuks thugged out he got that clip of pac speakin on his plans that sound similar to what you speak of and he named hella artists from all over the place not just new york.....

but bacc to the thread....NOR CAL...im biased but at the same time SO CAL had its chance to win me over in the early 90's when snoop and dre and hella other So Cal artists where all over the tv and radio....once i started hearing more local shit i figured out Nor Cal makes better music just dont get as much exposure as So Cal.....

Jun 4, 2004
i dunno id say Too Short is right up there with them mayne...he made his way of saying bitch a trademark damn near....
I believe "Bitch" (pronounced as BeeITCH or Biatch) is trade marked by Todd Shaw aka Too $hort.

:siccness:

I listened Too Short up until his retirement in 1996... after that I never listened to much of his new stuff...

May 30, 2006
nah fuck that Pac rep the WEST!
Don't matter. He's from NY point blank period. Repping the West was some sell out shit. If u moved to Deleware when u turned 17-18 years old would u start claiming the East?

My opinion is a bit bias cuz I'm from Nor Cal but honeslty both has hella garbage ass rappers but both have really good spitters too.

I think Nor Cals music is more unique & creative & have more styles then So Cal but So Cal got undiniable heat too. I love the fuck outta Dago music. I'm not much of a fan of L.A.(besides Roccett), Bakersfield, IE etc. as far as music.

In the past LA. was the shit. I was checking for everything coming outta L.A. Now they seem to have lost their edge & its not enough hardcore music coming from their.

Sac use to produce monsters on he mic & most of them were from the same hood. South Sac iz the Mecca of Sac Rap. Most of the shit from Sac is weak as fuck now(compared to a decade ago) but it is still some good music from there. LA & the Bay have tooken the biggest falls IMO.

I use to love Bay shti esp from Oakland but for the last several years I find myself avoiding a lot of the shi comeing from the Bay.

May 30, 2006
almost all hip hop used to sound east coast. Just like how most shit now sounds south. Didnt he move to the west when he was like 16? He wasnt even a man yet. He west coast like a mofo.
Almost all hip hop didn't sound east coast cuz I've been bumping NWA, Short, DOC since the 80's & didn't none of that shit sound east coast.

I bumps a lot of shit now coast to coast & none of that shit sounds like south music.

And Pac came to Cali when he was 17. He aint from here. Niggaz need to stop defending that nigga. I moved 2 LA when I was 17 & didn't move back to Nor Cal until I was damn near 24 years old but I never switched up. I claimed Nor Cal all the way thru when I lived in So Cal. Switching up is punk shit. That's like all these grown ass rappers claiming they Damus now.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
all his shit up until all eyes on me was east coast(sound to the beats).

Thats just like a black dude turining on his own race and puts cacausin on his license

so you get the fuck outta here.
you must be one of the dumbest people I've ever come across on the net... trying to label 2pac as an east coast rapper...

seriously... get the fuck out

Jun 4, 2004
2Pac represented the West Coast..... he rapped with Digital Underground from the Bay then he represented L.A. when he was with the Row..... no doubt it ain't where your born it's where you live and who you connect with... look at the Dogg Pound... Kurrupt was born in Pennsylvania... but The Dogg Pound reps Cali...

2Pac = West Coast

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
2Pac represented the West Coast..... he rapped with Digital Underground from the Bay then he represented L.A. when he was with the Row..... no doubt it ain't where your born it's where you live and who you connect with... look at the Dogg Pound... Kurrupt was born in Pennsylvania... but The Dogg Pound reps Cali...

2Pac = West Coast
amen

Feb 8, 2003
Don't matter. He's from NY point blank period. Repping the West was some sell out shit. If u moved to Deleware when u turned 17-18 years old would u start claiming the East?

Thank you

atleast somebody else sees through bullshit and know the truth.

@ Dude
The only reason pac was reppin west hard is bc he was doing what Suge knight told him to do bc he was suges slave on paper. I know for a damn fact if he was alive once his contract expire him and biggie wouldve made up and he wouldve been right back on the east. He was still fucking with the east coast to hate it so bad(remember he was working on one nation album)

Snoop even said a long ass time ago he(snoop) was friends with biggie and made peace then he was in the process of getting 2 pac back on the same page as biggie but Pac was killed before it was final.