Most anticipated albums of 2016

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2015
Just wondering what everyone is waiting on this year. I'm definitely getting Statik Kxng and Horseshoe Gang's Anti-Trap Music. I'm thinking of picking up Kanye's... Are there any Bay Area rap albums coming out this year that are worth looking out for?

Sep 3, 2002
Had to do a little research for this...but, Looking forward to:

Top 5:

YG "still Crazy"
Kevin Gates "islah"
Key Loom "rules of engagement"
Shadow from East Co. Co.
J. Cole and Kendrick "reminiscing"

Some others:

Kanye - "swish"
Daz and Snoop "cuzzinZ"
T.I "the dime trap
Drake "views from the 6"
Macklemore "the unruly mess I've made"
Nas -Lost tapes 2
Nas- TBA
Schoolboy q - TBA
Boozie _out my feelings
Andre 3000_ (yeah right)

I'm sure there's others that I haven't really heard about.

So share with me fellas....

Sep 3, 2002
I could see a 2pac album this year. I'm not expecting much from it though. I think we've heard the best from his unreleased music.

That snoop and daz album isn't great by the way. The album cover had me expecting something different, it was mostly just the old pimp/player laid back grown up music snoop has been on the past decade. They did a rip song for uncle junebug though.

Apr 25, 2002
I dunno about Nipsey Hussle. You would hope that after touring Europe for the first quarter, recovering over the summer, he would be ready to drop that "Victory Lap" in Nov or Dec AT LEAST.

Most anticipated rapper coming home from prison in 2016 = X-Raided.

Even if he doesn't put out music.
No shit man. Its like Lauren London got him pussy whipped and he aint even focused no more.

I mean its been almost 2.5 years since Crenshaw dropped. And the dude has been silent as fuck.

Disappointing. Its like he's content with being where he is at.

Jul 4, 2011
No shit man. Its like Lauren London got him pussy whipped and he aint even focused no more.

I mean its been almost 2.5 years since Crenshaw dropped. And the dude has been silent as fuck.

He dropped Mailbox Money at the very end of 2014, I like it a lot more than Crenshaw. I haven't fucked with his music tough since The Marathon though, I was a big fan of his BAGNN run and the marathon but most of what he dropped afterwards is inconsistent. Mailbox was his best since the marathon though imo, give that a spin if you haven't already

Sep 3, 2002

Damn. That's a good point.

Coming from a dude who's easily pussy whipped, I can't blame that man. Lauren is FOOOIINT Dough.

Side note:

This Cozz tape/album bout to be BANGING.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2015
I'm thinking of getting Kanye's, if the music is the same kind as G.O.O.D. Fridays. Will pick up the Urban Hitchcock LP too because When Music Worlds Collide was so good (Urban Hitchcock — Home). I have good hopes for a 2Pac album that's not another repackaged Greatest Hits/Best Of album. Is there enough material for a Mob Figaz album to be put together?

Sep 3, 2002
I'm about halfway through previewing ISLAH, and nothing standing out too much. A couple too many songs for the ladies it seems like.

I just noticed he got, looks like E. Honda, Sagat, Ryu, Dhalism, and Ken tattooed on his chest lol...

I don't think this will top Lucas Brasi 2.