Maxo Kream & Kream Clicc

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Was going to wait until after work but didn't have anything to do so just finished my first listen. Really feeling the project. Maxo was spitting on damn near every song and I thought the features were all pretty on point too outside of Joey Badass. The song he's featured on is the only one I was really kind of ehhhh to and to be honest even if he wasn't on it I would have still felt the same way about it. I dug the production which around half was done by someone named Wxlf Gxd who I have no idea who the fuck that it is. It was a good variety of sounds while still mostly sticking with what fits Maxo's flow. At one point during the album I realized Maxo would sound really dope over beats by Gila Monsta from Gorgeous Children.

I didn't get much sleep last night so that is probably all one glob of half assed thoughts lol. Anyways I'm really feeling it on first listen. Stand out tracks off top to me are Thirteen, Astrodome, Sold Out, Murder & Cell Boomin. But honestly outside of 1998 and Joey's feature on it I was really diggin' the album as a whole.

May 9, 2002
Lamb$ ruined Clientele. he is so awkward on the mic its embarrassing quite frankly. Pretty much ALL the guest appearnces were terrible. Father & Lil Family were the only ones that were listenable. The Sauce Twinz need to find a new day job. Ugggh.

1998 and KKK would have been great....if they have fuckin drum kits. Sold Out had everything but bass kicks, so I will let it slide. But would have been a helluva lot better with some kicks.

Thirteen is the best overall song on the album, but he had better bars on others....just not as good of beats. Endzone and Issues are ill too.

Overall, nice mixtape, but could have been much better with a few of those monir tweaks. I like his last project better as a whole.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
the beats were lacking on here, i get that he was maybe trying to showcase his rap skills more but you can do that with good beats too lol see boldy james - my 1st alchemist set for proof. these shits just sounded like throwaways honestly. joey badass def ruined that song feat was not the move either. other than that maxo was spitting harder than ever on some of these verses, lets see if he cant find some producers to do him justice next time.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Not that it matters, opinions are opinions - you like what you like - yada yada, but you two are literally the only two people I've seen on the interwebz saying that about the production. I think a lot of the more kinda sparse not super heavy hitting beats (for the most part) fit his style and flow well but hey opinions you know.

May 9, 2002
i like the tape too. beats are on point imo, maxo kills everything. i don't mind that joey verse on 1998, song is pretty good too. worst part is that horrible father verse, dude is awful
He is pretty bad, and it just goes to show how awful the other guest spots were. I wish someone would make a guest-free version of this mixtape.

EDIT: Just googled Father and his record label is Awful Records. Very fitting.

Last edited: