Lil Wayne Kicks Drake Out Of Young Money After Argument Over Unpaid Royalties

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Drake Leaves Young Money

Just when you thought the new dynasty called Young Money was unbreakable, it seems their run is over before it really got started.

Last night after a concert in University, PA, Drake was kicked out of Young Money after a heated argument with Lil Wayne and Baby.

According to sources, tensions have been fueling for the past 2 months over unpaid royalties and Drake wanting to restructure his contract with Cash Money/Young Money.

Drake who was not on the bill but was apparently there to make a special appearance but refused to take the stage and all hell broke loose.

According to sources, during the argument, Drake screamed he was Young Money and if it wasn't for him, the label would have died while Wayne was locked down.

Weezy apparently became irate after the statement and replied, "This the thanks I get... We don't fuc*ing need you."

Sources stated that a shoving match pursued before both securities stepped in.

No word yet on how this will turn out because of the paperwork but we've seen what happened with Young Buck as 50 shelved him despite having hot material proving sometimes its not about the money but the principal.

Hip-Hop Wired will keep you updated as the story develops...

Aug 24, 2003
i knew this was gonna happen.
me too

baby and lil wayne have been leeching away about 80% of that dudes money
i dont support that fags music but i cant deny his radio super stardom, dude really made it. its so crazy he could have millions upon millions but i have a feeling with the way hes been jewed hes going to end up broke. he shoulda listened to his mama when she wanted him to stay away from those 'thugs' lol

no marty

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Looked the story up on google, and apparently this happened April 1st and is being called by most and April fools joke

not that Drake isn't gonna leave Young Money / Cash Money soon, but it looks like this argument wasn't true

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Drake is the wackest dude on the planet, i cant fuck with his emo ass rhymes and his flat ass singing. Can't see why any hetero males fuck with his music aside from thinking it might be a hit with the women and help them get laid.

Shit sounds fake though, wayne and baby are raking it in off this dude

Sep 3, 2002
Drake Denies Leaving Young Money During Lil Wayne Tour Stop

'It was people like Drake and people like y'all that made me feel like I wasn't even there,' Lil Wayne tells D.C. crowd of being in prison.

By D.L. Chandler

At the start of Lil Wayne's I Am Still Music Tour alongside Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross and Travis Barker, Drake was a curious omission from the star-studded lineup. However, last night in President Obama's backyard, the Canadian heartthrob joined his boss onstage to quell any talk that he is no longer part of the Young Money machine.

Fans at the Verizon Center in downtown Washington, D.C., were treated to crowd-pleasing performances from Lil Wayne and protégé Drake, who along with Minaj, kept the Young Money Records imprint afloat while Weezy served time in New York's Rikers Island on gun charges. The Young Money honcho acknowledged that very fact while introducing the Thank Me Later star.

"I know y'all know a few months ago I was locked up and sh--, but it was people like Drake and people like y'all that made me feel like I wasn't even there, so I appreciate that sh--, I really do. I just wanted you to miss me while I was gone," a humbled Lil Wayne said before launching into the blistering track "Miss Me" with Drake.

Drake took time to speak to fans at the sold-out venue about the rumors that he and Young Money parted ways. "You see today, when I landed in D.C. and I got off the plane, this n---a looked me in my eyes and he asked me, 'Did you drop out of Young Money?' And I looked him right back in his eyes and I said, 'Boy, are you out your mother----ing mind?!' Man, I want this sh-- forever," he said, launching right into his single "Forever."

Drake told MTV News in February that while he isn't a listed headliner on the tour, he would make some guest appearances on the 24-city journey when time permitted as he is busy recording his sophomore album, Take Care.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Drake makes some good music, I don't understand the hate. Maybe he should rap about keys and guns and shit like that and pretend hes a gangsta like all the other faggots you hoecakes listen to. Yeah your favorite gangsta rapper is a fucking homo.