Instrumental albums like Alchemist's Israeli Salad

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2003
So Alchemist dropped an instrumental album earlier this week called Israeli Salad.

Below is some info on the project.

ALBUM INFO:
Originally a batch of beats conceived in 2011 after the Alchemist returned home from a trip to Israel with a bag of records he gathered from numerous small stores and outdoor flea markets, Israeli Salad was initially set to be released as an instrumental project immediately but as beats from it were used on various projects and albums, the end result wound up sitting in a folder unfinished as a work in progress.

Last year, inspired by another trip to Israel, the Alchemist decided it was finally time for the project to see the light of day.

MY QUESTION:
After giving it a listen I really dug the album and the concept behind it, which was where he stuck with using primarily israeli vinyl samples.

So now my question is, do any of you know any instrumental projects similar to this one where the dj/producer tried to (or did) stick with a theme throughout the album?

A lot of instrumental albums are just a bunch of random beats jumbled together, but I love how this album had a true concept/direction behind it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.