How To Get A Buzzz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 18, 2010
How to Get a Buzz!

1.Promo Cds
2.Mixtapes
3.Collab Constantly
4.Social Network
5.Make Youtube Videos
6.Pass out Flyers
7.Open Mic Nights
8.Take trips (Including All of Above)

1.Give away promo cds.
People love free stuff. What better way to create a buzz than with a promo cd with 3 or 4 songs on it. If you put together
a small promo disc, pass it out to everyone in your hood, all the barber/beauty shops, all the gas stations/corner stores,
you'll have a buzz in no time. Just make sure that you have good music on there. There's NOTHING WORSE than putting in all
that footwork to get yourself out there, only to have people throw your shit away because it was whack! Not to mention you
mess the game up for other artists who are actually tight. Make sure whatever you put on the promo cd is Radio ready, and
Industry Standard. Try to include a radio version of one of your songs. This will ensure that it can be played at all venues
and have a shot at making the radio. When I say industry standard, I mean properly mixed, mastered and BANGIN'! This will
give you extra points with people because most artists fail to do this. It'll cost extra money but tremendously increase
song quality, thus furthering your potential for a buzz!

2.Mixtapes
Mixtapes are the shit right now, and will be for a long time. They showcase your skills as a rapper to the masses. The great
thing about mixtapes is that you dont have the pressure and a need to fulfill a labels expectations. You have complete
creative freedom! You also get to use samples in your music and not pay to get them cleared. Although you can make some
money from these things, they're generally for promotions. Most major artists drop mixtapes nowdays. Usually a before the
release of a major studio album, and some time after. It's a great way to keep fans in the loop. With so many other
people to listen to, we get bored quickly. Dropping a mixtape keeps us fans well fed until official matireal comes out.
Mixtapes are also a great way to expiriment. You may want to try different production styles, switch your rhyme shceme up
a bit, all to see how the streets react. The beauty is that you can know what the streets are vibing to and tailor your
music for your official album! 50 Cent got his big break constantly droppin hot mixtapes. Eventually Eminem got a hold
of a couple, he told Dr.Dre, one thing led to another and they were flying him to L.A. for a meeting. You just might
have a mixtape or two that'll be your ticket to success! Start droppin that hot fire NOW! Go get you some beats at
http://www.ExotiqNature.com right now and start putting together your mixtape NOW!

3.Collab Constantly.
Collabin' in the game is crucial for creating a buzz. If you are constantly featured on other peoples projects, you're
able to capture their potential fanbase and buzz. At the beginning stage of your career, you want to be in as many places as
possible. With the internet, it's so easy to connect with other aspiring artists like yourself, you have an endless
amount of people to choose from for collaborating. If you're on X amount of other peoples projects, be it major or minor,
you're eventually going to get noticed. Mostly by Hip Hop fans, and if you're lucky, maybe even a few important people in the
industry... Stepping up your feature game can get you some serious exposure, so get to it NOW!

4.Social Network.
Social networking is the future. If you're not on one of the major social sites you're losing. You should Def. be on Facebook,
Twitter, Reverb Nation, and any other site thats geared towards music and getting you exposure. all of these are great places for
exposure to the masses. The key is great music, and as many freinds/fans as possible! Step your social network game up NOW!

5.Make youtube videos.
Youtube is the Number 2 search engine after Google. Many times people (such as myself) wont even use a regular search engine,
we'll just go to Youtube! The obvious reason is for visual stimulation. If you have great songs, mixtapes, lots of features,
plenty of friends and fans on social networking sites, youtube videos are the icing on the cake. Putting together small
videos lets the world know that you're a real person. With the success of video the net, and at the rate its growing
it's inevitable, you've got to start putting together something that fans can see. This is one of the most overlooked forms
of getting yourself a buzz. The sooner you get that digital camera, the sooner you can actually show people how tight you are,
and exactly why they should be checking for you in the first place! Get on your video tip NOW!

6.Pass out flyers.
I think a lot of artists forget about this one. Everywhere I go, I see a bunch of flyers for parties and other events that
I'll never go to, at the barber shops, gas stations, all over high schools, etc. Don't you think you would benefit from mass
marketing your mixtapes, singles, website, new video, and upcoming shows? Get with a graphic designer to design a nice flyer
for you and whatever project you have going on. Research different printing companies or if the designer can print then that
will save you some time and money. Once you have your flyers, get to grindin'! Pass them out everywhere you feel is EFFECTIVE.
Notice I said effective. Don't runn all up in a retirement home slingin' flyers and other promo stuff everywhere. Go
where it will make the biggest impact. Barber/beauty shops, gas stations, corner stores, clubs/parties, etc.

7.Open Mic nights.
Open mic nights at different venues is great for creating buzz in your city. In fact it's the best place to start in my opinion.
Everyone there is trying to do the same thing, and it's at these open mics where you get start your grass-roots following
and hone your show skills. If you screw up for whatever reason, you can always come back after you get some more practice
and try again. Each time you perform you get better and better, increasing your buzz and reaching potential new fans each time.
Get some tight songs together, find out where the open mic nights are held in your city, hit em' up and start rockin' shows!
You never know who might be there looking for talent. In my city, alot of the legends on the town support the open mic scene
and are in regular attendance. So with that being said, make sure you bring your A' GAME EVERY TIME!

8.Take trips.
We all would love to sit in our own cities and blow up, but 9 times out of 10, it'll never happen like that. For most of us living
outside of New York, Atlanta, L.A., and Miami, we've got to get our travel on... Even artists who live in these major cities
know that eventually they've got to take occasional trips to tap into other markets. Start researching different music/entertainment
events to go to. Make sure you have the best promo material ready, load up the whip, and start putting yourself in the right place,
at the right time. Some events you can go to for getting a buzz started is The Southern Entertainment Awards, The Source Awards,
The ozone Awards, Black Bike Week, Spring break events around the country, BET/MTV Awards, Music conferences, and MUCH MORE!
You've got to be seen in different spots doing different things. Get your money and your product together, get yourself a plan,
and get serious about your success in this game!

I hope you found this information helpful!

TWEET ME: @LoDaMack,
REVERB NATION: LoDaMack-PRODUCER
http://ExotiqNature.com