The Curren$y and Jet Life Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
you heard of kodak black? what you think about him?
I had seen him but haven't really listened to him. There are too many rappers out there to keep up with them all.

But I checked a few tracks too and the music does not seem to be the return to the old NO style that this mixtape is

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
BTW, this thread got me thinking, two things in fact:

1) There is a curious rend of young artists going back to and recreating hip hop style of the old, and what those styles are is very telling about what was of value and what was not back in the days, even if it's not mainstream now and will never be. G-Funk, boom bap rap, the New Orleans and Memphis sounds, there are people going back to those things. And not to others that were also fashionable at one point in time or another.

2) There was the discussion about Dre's new album, and I posted this:

http://siccness.net/vb/f58/dr-dre-t...eleased-%93detox%94-386104-4.html#post6413960

Which can be extended here - in the south there are now second generation artists carrying on the tradition (CMR, 36), while you don't really see that in other places.

May 27, 2006
BTW, this thread got me thinking, two things in fact:

1) There is a curious rend of young artists going back to and recreating hip hop style of the old, and what those styles are is very telling about what was of value and what was not back in the days, even if it's not mainstream now and will never be. G-Funk, boom bap rap, the New Orleans and Memphis sounds, there are people going back to those things. And not to others that were also fashionable at one point in time or another.

2) There was the discussion about Dre's new album, and I posted this:

http://siccness.net/vb/f58/dr-dre-t...eleased-%93detox%94-386104-4.html#post6413960

Which can be extended here - in the south there are now second generation artists carrying on the tradition (CMR, 36), while you don't really see that in other places.
U seen this? It's just what u been talkin bout. And then there's this Bankroll Fresh dude with the Hot Boys track.

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
Old School! This is Birdman, Lil Wayne, and Birdmans nephew. Smoked Outt Records "Bussen Heads N Gettin Paid"

Album had Producton by Mannie Fresh, and features CMR.

Also peep "Servin The World Click" I dont know what they relationship was to CMR or how they got an album produced by Mannie Fresh and featuring CMR FAMILY.

Oct 27, 2007
Don't u think Currency sounded better on Nl records? Just my opinion is all. Enough said. It's your post so thanks for sharing. I'm just shocked that Wiz is even giving this kid a chance. He's horrible without someone. He doesn't know what a good beat sounds like. That's currency only flaw. He doens't make good music because his beats sound like twinkle twinkle litttle star shit...... SuperGAY

THIS IS THE NL I LIKED WIT CURRENCY THOUGH:

Master P feat Sonya C (his ex wife lol) also feat currency (Great music)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywSvIc0ZZaI&index=3&list=RDy3TqC6_fVSg[/ame]

This is good Currency....

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
New ridah? is there a new ridah coming out soon? I sure hope so. He needs to talk about jacka and explain what is going on? I hope the dude that killed him is taken car4e of now. People need to talk or be paid of who killed him. same with mac dre. i heard the guy is already dead though. mac minister is a idiot for doing what he did. he's dumb from what i heard but i could be wrong?