brownsvilleKA. Days with dr. yen lo (full album)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
is a direct homie of our respected New York MC, Roc Marciano.

Dont listen to this nigga if your brain dont work well enough to soak in deep lines.

I got put on by bro through Earl Sweatshirt. He Basically called dude the illest writer in hip hop of 2015. Which coming from Earl Sweatshirt, Got my antennas up like doo-doo-doot.

So i took interest and followed bro on twitter. Now, you know when a dude is a great writer in general, because the shit also comes across on the twitter. Twitter, To us writers... Is like a fun way to flex your writing skill within limited parameters.
Dudes way with words came across so well even on fucking twitter, that the shit literally made me shed a tear at a point. a tear of respect and joy for a dope writer.
I was like man....someone out there still FULLY believes in the art of the pen.

which made me watch some of his interviews on youtube. (do that on your own, i cant post everything.) and let me tell you, i have not had so much respect for an individual in hip hop since this without hearing the music.

The only thing was next, was to give his music a shot.
And that/this is where i stop writing and let bro do his thing.

may i proudly present to those not up on KA, the dr. yen lo album.
i believe this is his most current album, like within the last 3 months or so.

ima throw in a extra album for your ears. "the nights gambit"

now look motherfuckers, if ROC MARCIANO fuckin' vouches for dude, and earl sweatshirt called him the best hip hop writer of 2015, thats all you fuckin need to hear. you dont even need my vouch.

give both albums a try and tell me what you think.
he has more albums. i think he has 5 albums.
ill leave it up to you to find the rest.

SOAK THESE ALBUMS UP. no pitty patting. soak.

and listen to me when i say soak. dont come in here, responding after 20 minutes of me posting this shit. you need to give it a serious listening, front to back, and then if you enjoy it from there, listen to it a few more times. this dudes writing is so on point, ive heard lines i thought i fully understood and caught its deep meaning or what not, then on the second or third listen i caught some extra ill ass point of his line waaay later. that shit is a mark of a serious poet.

enjoy...like i dont usually post some shit where im happy to give yall somethin and put you up, but this is one of those things im proud to have posted. if you got a weird ass new york bias, one of his top favorite rapper is the jacka, to the point where ive seen him mention him like 15 times in a month or two.

late edit: last two songs on dr yen lo are BAAARS. nigga went out with a bang on that shit.. i finally heard dr yen lo like 5 times now im movin on to nights gambit...never listened to it till riiiight now.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
Roc Marciano is ill and I've heard dude(KA) on his album but never checked for his shit. I am interested now after reading that article so Ill peep the Dr. yen Lo album after i smoke some.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah Days With Dr. Yen Lo is a really great album, easily one of the best to drop last year. Been a fan of Ka's for a minute now.

He dropped a little two song single a few days ago w/ a video for one of the tracks.

Zippyshare.com - Ka - The Superfly Single.rar

Funny you saying about following Earl on twitter putting you up on Ka because me following Ka on Twitter actually put me up on Westside Gunn outta Buffalo, NY. Been getting a lot of play from me lately on that east coast grimey tip, shit sounds like NYC 95 without sounding dated.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
glad were all on the same page so far. he has some other albums i havent got into yet. liikd, i dont see how you could have half a brain and not feel dude. aint many writers on his caliber.

even roc marciano really isnt as lyrical as KA. hes doper, his delivery is way better and his flow and voice is on another level, but his thoughts just dont go there. this dude really be caring about making a deep ass bar. lmao

i fucks w westside gunn btw i forgot how i got up on him like random youtubing

unrelated i really fuck with alot of the pl in xquires group passion. like dallas the pennand goldie gold, heron specifically. thats my nigga

so we all in agreement that KA is dope. good shit.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
This is probably the best thread in this section in the longest. I've heard of Ka before but never gave it a listen. I'm a huge Roc fan so I wouldn't say Ka's better but he's up there. But that WestsideGunn track is no fuckin joke. Thanks fellas

Gas One

May 24, 2006
B @battle619 , I hope what I said wasn't misconstrued as ka being doper than roc Marciano. what I meant to say just to reiterate, is I think KA is definitely more "lyrical" and better written/"a better writer", but I consider Roc Marciano to be doper, a Better MC because of other categories such as the way you flow, your voice, swag, and shit like that.

I just think KA wins in one category which is well written lyrics. In a closely knitted category, I think Roc Marciano is better at punchlines, or just like the swag in the way he says lines. but on the topic of KA, I wouldn't say the one category I gave him ahead of roc Marciano, makes him a better MC overall cuz theres like so many other things that make a MC other than deep written lyrics you feel me?

I appreciate the props on the thread. I really feel like dude is dope enough to deserve this thread and those not up on him should become familiar. and I Just wanted to kinda re-communicate what I was saying so you know were in 100% agreement on whos doper. I'm a huge roc marc fan too and I actually made his thread in this section originally.

you almost have to totally ignore the current hip hop style to be the type of MC he is. which means you stuck to your guns on your style for a long ass fucking time to become the person you currently are, to make such an album as days w. dr yen lo.

glad the real hip hop fans on this section are giving this thread some play. I usually leave the thread posting in here up to other people, but theres certain rappers I just cannot ignore and have to mention if they haven't been covered.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
I bet you most of us on this thread are over 30 that's why we're feeling this shit. We are more open minded to styles and risk taking over these younger heads who play it safe yet want to act like they know what's up. Thanks again Gas One @Gas One and Nuttkase @Nuttkase for putting me up on game

Dec 17, 2005
He's my favorite rapper. I'll always buy any music he drops without hesitation.

It's the kind of music that connects so strongly, it makes it feel almost like it was put into the world just for me.

Jul 26, 2014
@Gas One new joint is out breh

Tracklist:
[03:20] 01. Conflicted
[03:40] 02. Just
[02:49] 03. That Cold and Lonely
[03:34] 04. Mourn at Night
[03:19] 05. $
[03:50] 06. Destined
[03:41] 07. Ours
[03:25] 08. Illicit Fields
[05:19] 09. Finer Things / Tamahagene
[03:10] 10. I Wish (Death Poem)

Some songs from the album

KAHonorKilledthe-HIPHOPISDR…zip (83,03 MB) - uploaded.net

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
New project is really solid which isn't a surprise with Ka's track record to date. Really diggin' the visuals for Just a lot, dope shit.

I swear dude is the most humble motherfucker on the planet. He also constantly shows love to other up and comers, old heads, etc on twitter and you can tell it's for the love the music and not in a industry type way, if that makes any sense. He's hipped me to a few artists too so that's cool as well.

Gas One

May 24, 2006

good looking bro ran into some trouble w the law so i aint been here much since yesterday kinda been layin low and getting my offline shit in order. but im on it right now. appreciate you tagging me so i didnt miss out on this. i wouldnt even have known he had some new slap out.

bout to slap it right now. i can only imagine its better than previous work. hopefully.
@Fruitvale_Mac i just recently saw your dm about the new tracks you had you know i fucks with you so ima check it out and give you my opinon ASAP. i know im mad late you prolly sent it almost 3 weeks ago damn near. but bear with me G youre the few on this site i really respect musically, well rap wise.

Last edited: