BILLBOARD'S TOP 10 BEST RAPPER'S LIST

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
BILLBOARD'S TOP 10 BEST RAPPERS LIST

Best Rappers List | Greatest of All Time | Billboard

Greatest Rappers of All Time

Diehard fans, music nerds and critics love lists. But in rap, greatest-of-all-time rankings like this take on a special level of import: aside from moving a crowd (shouts to Rakim), MC means proving you’re the best. In no other genre do artists so blatantly express their desire to outdo competition. That made Billboard's list a more high-stakes undertaking than usual. Many of our favorites -- Big Daddy Kane, Drake, KRS-One -- didn’t make it, and each of those omissions hurts deep down. We also have to note: we’re ranking rappers, not rap artists. That’s why Dr. Dre and Kanye West, for example, two legendary producer-artists who don’t match the mic skills of those listed here, were left out.

1. Notorious BIG
2. Jay-Z
3. Eminem
4. Rakim
5. Nas
6. Andre 3000
7. Lauryn Hill
8. Ghostface Killah
9. Kendrick Lamar
10. Lil Wayne

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Since biggie is the number 1 and tupac is missing from the list, it seems appropriate to refer anyone it concerns to view my thoughts on this here. http://siccness.net/vb/f58/notorious-b-i-g-vs-2pac-=-ridiculous-debate-384170.html

70 percent of that list wishes they were tupac,(sampling his music, quoting lines, borrowing concepts, reusing imagery and reworking his hooks) so what does that tell you?
These new hip hop writers are puss.

It doesn't really matter though, I realize that hip hop means something different for everybody.

Last edited:
May 25, 2005
6 out of 10 i have no desire to listen to and could easily go the rest of my life without hearing another song from them..

Theres no right or wrong..or some scientific equation to arrive to these conclusions..its all opinion..