5 rappers that represent west coast hip hop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
in your opinion, name 5 rappers that you think represent west coast hip hop, past and present.

Feb 9, 2006
If your talkin nationally....

- Ice Cube
- Mac Dre
- Game
- E-40
- Snoop

Say what you want, but past and present if you look at overall recognition of West Coast Hip Hop has had the most influence by these people across the country....

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
put it this way, if you had to go up against the 5 best east coast hip hop groups, who would you pick to rival them

Apr 25, 2002
Shit - who is it really presently? I mean - who is really hot and getting their shine on for the West?

1. Nipsey?
2. Mitchy?
3. Game?
4. Jay Rock?
5. Wax?

I dunno. These seem the most logical for the present and the future. Snoop and Dre, Cube etc are cool and all, but they are about done.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Shit - who is it really presently? I mean - who is really hot and getting their shine on for the West?

1. Nipsey?
2. Mitchy?
3. Game?
4. Jay Rock?
5. Wax?

I dunno. These seem the most logical for the present and the future. Snoop and Dre, Cube etc are cool and all, but they are about done.
Odd Future. But they have said numerous times that they hate the labels of repping the west or repping LA. They rep themselves. But they easily have the most going on and biggest buzz/hype of anyone on the west coast right now.

I know they are a crew, but honestly on a national scope not many people are that hot on the west coast except the old guard (Snoop, Cube, etc) and even they are losing steam.

Apr 25, 2002
^word? Haven't listened to anything they put out yet. You got any recommendations?

To me, Rock and Nispey have to be next up - although Rock fucked himself signing to Strange, IMO. Rock's Back Friday and Nispet's Marathon mixtapes had to be the hottest shit out. Those mixtapes are super sick.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
There is a huge thread right below this one (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All) that has all their stuff in it. They have been giving away their albums (not mixtapes) for free on the net for almost two years now and Tyler, the Creator's first actual physical release GOBLIN came out last week and came in #5 on the Billboard charts overall with a little over 50,000 sold. This is for someone who has very little airplay on the radio and without a cross over hit single or any features on the album outside of their own camp. Pretty impressive I have to say. His stuff is pretty dark and well, different for the most part but the crew varies a lot from member to member. I'm at work so can't really find links or the such but if you are bored go in the thread and ask someone to and I'm sure Oro, B-Buzz or someone can help you out.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
As much as I like Crooked I's music and I agree the guy is awesome lyrically, people have been saying that for well over a decade now. I'm sorry but Crooked I is always going to be a "could have been."

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
As much as I like Crooked I's music and I agree the guy is awesome lyrically, people have been saying that for well over a decade now. I'm sorry but Crooked I is always going to be a "could have been."

He's at the highest level in the game that he's ever been. I don't know how you could dismiss him as a "could have been". lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah, with Slaughterhouse he is in the best postion for actually releasing music he has ever been in you are right with that. Hopefully we will see an actual solo album now. But dude isn't going to ever be a household name or be known as the face of the west coast rap anywhere but maybe the west coast. It's sad but true. If I'm wrong in a few years quote this and I'll eat my words but I'm guessing I won't be. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and I think dude is really talented, he just will never be the future of the west especially when he is pushing 33 and still hasn't done much of anything, at least one a national scale.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
rasan is pretty close with what i think..

crooked i
ras kass]
hiero

are all dope..

and i agree with nutty, crooked supposed to have been "on top of his game" for the past decade..aint shit going to change that it seems..

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
He's at the highest level in the game that he's ever been. I don't know how you could dismiss him as a "could have been". lol
not too many people out here knows who he is or cares to listen to him

those who do are either from the same area he's from or appreciates good lyricism (which alot of people don't):ermm: