Twin-G & Gangsta Nutt "The Status Active" and Twin-G's "The Charity Prjoect Mixtape"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Twin-G & Gangsta Nutt "The Status Active" and Twin-G's "The Charity Prjoect Mixtape"

..are both good, solid albums. I wouldn't call either of them elite, but they are both what we've come to respect from anything Lac affiliated. Above average production accompanied by a combination of adrenaline-laced and comical vocals. Twin's voice is very distinctive as we all know, and it works well. Same is true for G-Nutt.

My favorite tracks are "The Streets Don't Love You" (an outstanding, cold beat with strings in the background and poignant street tale vocals) and "Keep It On the Real" from The Charity Project and "Does the Hood Love Me" and "Get Ya Mind Right" from the Status Active.

Pick these up.

Apr 25, 2002
old school nut is where its at! check out save me by gangsta nutt and also west coast livin by double odd - they are fuccin clasic cuz music...
Absolutely man, I've got both of those. The sound is a little raw but packs a punch for sure.

Nutt has never been a great rapper IMO....but his good people.

I need to get my hands on that Charity mixtape somehow.
I've always thought Nutt to be a good niche rapper, like I really really like him in moderate size doses b/c he brings such a distinctive voice and a lot of town love. It's like he is an outstanding set-up man in the bullpen like Carlos Marmol or Jonathon Broxton, but I wouldn't run him out there as a starter.

For acquiring the mixtape I would try PMing MrNickSSM14. He's the one who supplied me with my copies of these albums and he may still have one he'd be willing to sell.

May 20, 2002
yea nutt is a cool rapper, like panther said, raw but brings something unique. personally im a fan his shit has been classics in my cd case for years.

interested in coppin the status.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Checkmate is my undisputed #1 favorite NorthWest Album of all time. I need to track down this new shit.

Stylistically, G-Nutt is the West Coast Cappadonna...... and anybody familiar with Cappa's style knows its an acquired taste. Listen to Cappa on Winter Warz, that about sums it up. Same thing with G-Nutt on "Respect Mine".

Apr 8, 2004
Yeah Gangsta Nutt the nigga.
All his past albums got some knockin cuts on em'. He do a good job pickin out songs or whatever to be on his albums.
Probably ain't got the best voice in the rap game but he do be flowin and his lyrics on some deep street shit. That Hoover Life.