Since Sarkastik wants to put our dirty laundry out.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
NO MATTER WHO THINKS WHUT, MONEY = MONEY, LYRICS = LYRICS, WHEN PG & E IS DUE THEY TAKE MONEY NOT LYRICS, WHEN THE CAR PAYMENT IS DUE THEY TAKE MONEY, NOT LYRICS, WHEN RENT IS DUE THEYTAKE MONEY, CASH, HARD CURRENCY, CASOLA, CHANGE, NOT LYRICS..........WITH OUT MONEY LYRICS ARE LYRICS AND ARENT WORTH NOTHING BUT HEAR SAY, BUT MONEY WILL ALWAYS KEEP ITS FACE VALUE........I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PPL DONT UNDER STAND THIS CONCEPT?........IF WE WAS IN LINE AT THE MALL TO GET THEM NEW JORDANS, AND YOU HAD YOUR NOTE BOOK AND I HAD MY MONEY, GUESS WHO WALKS AWAY WITH THE NEW JORDANS?

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
BaneTheTerrible said:
"BUT I KNOW IF I WERE 2 CONNECT WIT AN INVESTOR I WOULD MAKE EVERY LAST PENNY HE PUT IN THE PROJECT....BACK FOR HIM PLUS INTREST...JUSS OFF THOSE LYRICS..."

alot of people say that but dont show and prove, no disrespect to you, but you get what im saying, and that is the problem, people need to do what they say they are gonna do and not half ass it. you cant expect someone else to put food on your table, you need to do it yourself.
NO I FEEL YOU...THE ONLY REASON I HAVENT BACKED ANY OF MY SHIT UP IS CUZ I HAVENT HAD A INVESTOR COME 2 ME AND TELL ME HE WILL LAY DOWN CASH FOR A PROJECT...WHICH I KNOW ISNT A EXCUSE...BUT AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE...MONEY IS THE HARDEST THING 2 COME BY...BUT I JUSS GOT WORD 4RM YM CUZZIN THAT HES WAITIN ON ME 2 FLY OUT 2 COLORADO...SO IM LEAVIN END OF THIS MONTH 2 RECORD MY ALBUM...BUT YEA I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYIN...ALOT OF IT IS TALK...AND BARELY ANY OF IT IS ACTION

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Big Robb said:
IF WE WAS IN LINE AT THE MALL TO GET THEM NEW JORDANS, AND YOU HAD YOUR NOTE BOOK AND I HAD MY MONEY, GUESS WHO WALKS AWAY WITH THE NEW JORDANS?
Now THAT was funny.

I'm really not even stressin' about this shit. It's just another case of another rapper that's full of shit. Record labels deal with this same shit everyday......it's simply a part of the game. I just hope that you up and coming cats that are tryin' to put records out and run labels peep this shit and learn from it.

And bottom line.....Sarkastik needed Street Level more than Street Level needed Sarkastik. The guy really hasn't even been around here in 2 years because he was either locked up or living out in the boondocks. This guy wasn't even around enough to get his fuckin' bio done for the website and print.....now what does that tell you? Can somebody say "bullshitter"?

It's a wrap.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
He's this guy thats really important, but won't tell us who. Seriously though, he's really really important--does big things. But...yeah, dont bother asking him who he is.

P.S. He's really important

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
yea we can feel where D-Sane is coming from... as a fellow label.

we aint knockin the power of some good words on paper... but aint nuttin better than cold hard cash... this goes out to the people callin themselves investing into their projects with their raps!

Apr 25, 2002
Big Robb said:
NO MATTER WHO THINKS WHUT, MONEY = MONEY, LYRICS = LYRICS, WHEN PG & E IS DUE THEY TAKE MONEY NOT LYRICS, WHEN THE CAR PAYMENT IS DUE THEY TAKE MONEY, NOT LYRICS, WHEN RENT IS DUE THEYTAKE MONEY, CASH, HARD CURRENCY, CASOLA, CHANGE, NOT LYRICS..........WITH OUT MONEY LYRICS ARE LYRICS AND ARENT WORTH NOTHING BUT HEAR SAY, BUT MONEY WILL ALWAYS KEEP ITS FACE VALUE........I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PPL DONT UNDER STAND THIS CONCEPT?........IF WE WAS IN LINE AT THE MALL TO GET THEM NEW JORDANS, AND YOU HAD YOUR NOTE BOOK AND I HAD MY MONEY, GUESS WHO WALKS AWAY WITH THE NEW JORDANS?
Rapper's should tattoo this on their face so every time they look in the mirror, they'll be reminded of the truth.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Here's the truth though, Money > Lyrics, but Hustle > Money. If you got that hustle going, people are gona throw cash at you and if you got the hustle and lyrics, you are gonna make money. An investor ain't all that special, it's the schmucks out there that 'think' they need an investor to get their albums out that are probably not gonna get an investor, because an investor invests into the hustle, not the lyrics and if you are hustlin' you should have somebody with something backing your album. Case and point.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Not really. I dont see no instrumental albums selling a million copies.......This whole "everything is better than lyrics" thing really is a joke. Because when it comes down to it, people listen to rap for LYRICS and the person rhyming or singing them.

If anything, blame CEOs that have zero business training and try to handle all 57 jobs instead of delegating.

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
Not really. I dont see no instrumental albums selling a million copies.......This whole "everything is better than lyrics" thing really is a joke. Because when it comes down to it, people listen to rap for LYRICS and the person rhyming or singing them.

If anything, blame CEOs that have zero business training and try to handle all 57 jobs instead of delegating.
YOURE OFF BASE HERE TADPOLE.....PEOPLE,INCUDING ME,BUY ANYTHING THAT 3-6 MAFIA PUTS OUT.....IT WOULDNT MATTER IF THEY HAD YOU FARTING AND BURPING OVER THE TRACKS....I'D STILL BUY IT......BUT IF PEOPLE COME WITH WEAK TRACKS,NO ONE WILL BUY IT(EX.CANIBUS,JADAKISS,ALL EAST COAST ARTISTS)

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
Not really. I dont see no instrumental albums selling a million copies.......This whole "everything is better than lyrics" thing really is a joke. Because when it comes down to it, people listen to rap for LYRICS and the person rhyming or singing them.QUOTE]

Yeah you're wrong here, in gangster rap I personally go about 65:35 beat:lyrics. If the beat is real hot and the lyrics are not, it can still be a cut but if the beat is bad, it doesn't even matter what the lyrics are like.

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
The certified villiage idiot is hard at work keeping his title I see. Doofy, you go girl!

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
As i said.....i dont see any instrumental albums shipping millions of copies. Or even going gold, as it were. So you can shove that up your "Super producer"-incognito ass.

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
Yeah you're wrong here, in gangster rap I personally go about 65:35 beat:lyrics. If the beat is real hot and the lyrics are not, it can still be a cut but if the beat is bad, it doesn't even matter what the lyrics are like.[/QUOTE]

Authentic talk mayne....I feel it is 80% beats and 20 lyrics personally....if the beat is wack then I Can't fuck wid it!!!

Feb 4, 2004
www.infamousent.com
NO MATTER WHO THINKS WHUT, MONEY = MONEY, LYRICS = LYRICS, WHEN PG & E IS DUE THEY TAKE MONEY NOT LYRICS, WHEN THE CAR PAYMENT IS DUE THEY TAKE MONEY, NOT LYRICS, WHEN RENT IS DUE THEYTAKE MONEY, CASH, HARD CURRENCY, CASOLA, CHANGE, NOT LYRICS..........WITH OUT MONEY LYRICS ARE LYRICS AND ARENT WORTH NOTHING BUT HEAR SAY, BUT MONEY WILL ALWAYS KEEP ITS FACE VALUE........I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PPL DONT UNDER STAND THIS CONCEPT?........IF WE WAS IN LINE AT THE MALL TO GET THEM NEW JORDANS, AND YOU HAD YOUR NOTE BOOK AND I HAD MY MONEY, GUESS WHO WALKS AWAY WITH THE NEW JORDANS?(quote)

I think thats a stupid quote...and u cats who are agreeing with it might be mistaken...peep...if you just write raps to write raps...and ur not saying shit...ur right...they are worthless...but if you are putting ANYTHING into ya raps...that right thurr gives them thurr WORTH...now come on...we kno u cant pay ya light bill with ya rap book...but at the same time...If tupac can write a song for ladies to "Keep there head up"...and that song reaches even one chick who was maybe thinkin about gettin a abortion or commiting suicide or becoming a hoe..or any crazy shit like that...u dont think thats worth more then money...u dont think words have mo power then money?...ur tellin me that u rather have a 1,000 dollars then a "I have a dream" speech?...if so...then thats exactly whats wrong with seattle hiphop...u cats aint puttin no messages into ya lyrics...to u lyrics are jus something to get the club poppin...lyrics are jus for u to brag about how hard ya click is or what kind of bitches u fuck or wut kind of car u drive...lyrics should be used to EDUCATE and INFORM...i do hella punchline songs...hella metaphors..club cutz...battles...but all tha shit is worthless...but when i write sum REAL shit...i feel that to me, it is worth more then HARD CURRENCY, CASOLA,CHANGE...feelz me?...if u aint tryna to spark a mind wit ya lyrics...y the fuck are u even writing them?...its called a ART....art is timeless and often priceless...money isnt....where as ur satisfied with puttin ya notebook down and buyin jordans...i'll leave the jordans on the shelf...and get on sum tupac shit and try to spark the mind thats gon change the world....thats real