Sick Wid It Murderdog Cover & Cool Nutz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
I don't if any of you have gotten a chance to check out the latest copy of Murderdog magazine, but it features Sick Wid It Records, and of course your boy Cool Nutz. If you get a chance to check it out, it should be on newsstands right now. Support the Sick Wid It movement.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Maniac541 said:
can we get a bigger image of the article
Yeah, go buy the mag!
Cats always want a track listing or a sample of the music, bigger picture of the article, etc. Get off your ass and support your folks.
Some of us will be successful no matter what but in the meantime, go out there and rep your region.
Yall have no problem going dumb, stupid, hyphy, crunk, pop lock & drop it, screwed up, 2 stepping, making it rain, chicken noodle soup, and all that other shit from everywhere else.
Now it's time the NW in it's entirity. Requesting local shit on the radio and at the clubs, buying local music, and put our shit at the front and everybody elses behind that.

Dec 15, 2004
Hilltop Hound said:
Yeah, go buy the mag!
Cats always want a track listing or a sample of the music, bigger picture of the article, etc. Get off your ass and support your folks.
Some of us will be successful no matter what but in the meantime, go out there and rep your region.
Yall have no problem going dumb, stupid, hyphy, crunk, pop lock & drop it, screwed up, 2 stepping, making it rain, chicken noodle soup, and all that other shit from everywhere else.
Now it's time the NW in it's entirity. Requesting local shit on the radio and at the clubs, buying local music, and put our shit at the front and everybody elses behind that.
i can dig this but all these (artist??) don't deserve the hype or support there are some wack ass rappers,mc's reppin the northwest point blank they know who they are or do they?? The artist that actually have good music need to just stay focused on making business partners that are willing to put the push behind the label or artist it's all about marketing and promotions building numbers by moving units and merchandise i know there are a few indie labels that move units in the n/w but i'm talking hundreds of thousands sold in 90 days...When i hear artist in the n/w they all want to get signed that's what they all seem to be waiting for, but down south they ask how can i flip my 20,000 to 200,000 they don't wait for a rap savior to swoop down out the skies.....

Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
DTH Urban Promo said:
i can dig this but all these (artist??) don't deserve the hype or support there are some wack ass rappers,mc's reppin the northwest point blank they know who they are or do they?? The artist that actually have good music need to just stay focused on making business partners that are willing to put the push behind the label or artist it's all about marketing and promotions building numbers by moving units and merchandise i know there are a few indie labels that move units in the n/w but i'm talking hundreds of thousands sold in 90 days...When i hear artist in the n/w they all want to get signed that's what they all seem to be waiting for, but down south they ask how can i flip my 20,000 to 200,000 they don't wait for a rap savior to swoop down out the skies.....
I think you should keep it real with us. Who do you think is whack that is getting attention out here? My space rappers don’t count. I get mad when I see shit like this “There is a lot of whack niggaz in the town” I take it personal cuz I think everyone who is getting some shine deserve it. There’s only a few of us, who get a little spot light. So when people say they are a whole lot of whack rappers in the northwest I take it as if they are talking about me or my peers. And as far as those numbers that’s down south. Not event the bay is moving those numbers anymore welcome to 2007. Like it said many times, its going to take touring together, as a region we don't really take advantage of the web, like youtube and shit.We also don't have a big catalogue to sell units or soundscan. Look at JT the Bigga Figga look how many collab albums he has done. We don’t do that enough. We don’t know how to market our self as a region. Yeah he has sold a lot of records but he also has like 30 albums too. Congrats to CoolNutz you deserve it and much more O.G

Jan 30, 2005
www.myspace.com
DTH Urban Promo said:
i can dig this but all these (artist??) don't deserve the hype or support there are some wack ass rappers,mc's reppin the northwest point blank they know who they are or do they??
there's good music & bad music in every region. if u think someones week fuck'em. dont buy their shit. but if your feelin some one in the nw, support them, buy all their shit, the mags they're in, go to their shows, tell your homies to buy it too. especially if u stay out here.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
Hilltop Hound said:
Yeah, go buy the mag!

Dont worry Mr. Dog. I support you guys more than most. Im pretty sure MurderDog isnt avaible any where in my valley. Oh and i finally got a car that can make the trip up north, and a job LOL, so hopefully ill be able to catch a show up there.

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
You can cop that murderdog online I'm pretty sure!

Sick Wid It is gearing up for some heat right now. After spending a lil time with Doey Rock a few days ago and talking to Chaz over the phone, I have plenty of questions for 40 Watta when we talk in a few days. Look for that one in the next issue of Xplosive as well!

Again....support the scene as a whole so we can ALL start to eat a lil. Then and only then...when the business aspect tests the capacity of the "Wack ones" in the NW...will we see who has the staying power and smarts to shine.

Nutz, D.O.G, Syko, and Nonstop (off the top of my head) have proven that they have what it takes as men to play with the big boys, but they can't do it alone! So go support the whole scene I say, and take the NW off the 4 or 5 cat's shoulders it's on and let them breath a little. It's the only way!

Just my .02...not directed to anyone in partic. Just thought I'd speek on this one a lil...hahaha Y'all know how I get!

ONE!

Dec 15, 2004
thirdeye253 said:
DTH Urban Promo said:
i can dig this but all these (artist??) don't deserve the hype or support there are some wack ass rappers,mc's reppin the northwest point blank they know who they are or do they??
there's good music & bad music in every region. if u think someones week fuck'em. dont buy their shit. but if your feelin some one in the nw, support them, buy all their shit, the mags they're in, go to their shows, tell your homies to buy it too. especially if u stay out here.
this is the real right here........
The artist that actually have good music need to just stay focused on making business partners that are willing to put the push behind the label or artist it's all about marketing and promotions building numbers by moving units and merchandise i know there are a few indie labels that move units in the n/w but i'm talking hundreds of thousands sold in 90 days...When i hear artist in the n/w they all want to get signed that's what they all seem to be waiting for, but down south they ask how can i flip my 20,000 to 200,000 so when all the artist you believe in move units at those numbers then they shining and we will know of them online and offline.....

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
DTH Urban Promo said:
The artist that actually have good music need to just stay focused on making business partners that are willing to put the push behind the label or artist it's all about marketing and promotions building numbers by moving units and merchandise i know there are a few indie labels that move units in the n/w but i'm talking hundreds of thousands sold in 90 days...When i hear artist in the n/w they all want to get signed that's what they all seem to be waiting for, but down south they ask how can i flip my 20,000 to 200,000 they don't wait for a rap savior to swoop down out the skies.....
Check this out. Those who are being successful at this hustle called entertainment, obviously have an idea of what to do. What we need is less internet preaching and more physical action from our NW natives.
Trust me when I say we market, promote, collab, etc. But in the end, it all boils down to the fans and support from the folks in our region. Our radio stations bump the East, South, and Southwest Music because those are the folks that we are requesting on the radio (not to mention that there regions are repping them tough).
So I challenge all yall to go out there and continuosly call your local radio station and request your favorite NW artist(s). Go to as many as their shows in your vicinity as possible, add them to your top friends on myspace, cop all their albums and turn as many of your friends on to them as possible.
If you are doing that already, great! If not, are you really being supportive?
Trust me when I say that if you appear at a lot of our shows, we recognize it. We appreciate support and there is so much that becomes of the bond between the artist and loyal fans.