Rappers Say Portland Police Target Their Concerts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) – The civilian agency that monitors the Portland Police Bureau is looking into claims officers target local hip-hop shows. The complaint was launched after rapper Illmaculate refused to perform at the Blue Monk Saturday, March 1. The rapper, whose real name is Gregory Poe, says officers swarmed the venue before he went on stage – kicking out attendees and blocking off Belmont Street. “It wasn’t even the worst display of authority at a hip-hop show,” Poe said. “It was just the straw that broke the camel’s back.” “It was more to the point of…if violence had occurred,” said local rapper and promoter Cool Nutz. Performers who were part of Poe’s set couldn’t get inside.

View Full Story

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Lol little late there coop, this was in one of our local papers a month or two ago. BUT YES! They do hella fuck with the rap shows on some straight up racial profiling BS! It's fucked up too, cuz it's causing some of Portland best rappers to relocate because they can't win for losing in this fucked off racist city. And this is coming from a white dude, I've seen it too many times it's fucking bullshit.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
Lol little late there coop, this was in one of our local papers a month or two ago. BUT YES! They do hella fuck with the rap shows on some straight up racial profiling BS! It's fucked up too, cuz it's causing some of Portland best rappers to relocate because they can't win for losing in this fucked off racist city. And this is coming from a white dude, I've seen it too many times it's fucking bullshit.
well when it hit the news you should have posted it so it could have been on time. im just one man i cant keep my eye on every region. the shit was just brought to my attention when i posted it.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2011
WHEN I LIVE THERE EVERYTIME WE DID SHOW THE POLICE ALWAYS TRY SHUT IT DOWN THIS BEEN COMMON THEM IN ORGEON IM GLAD GOT HELL OUT THAT racial profiling CITY

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
nice pic bro, did you get some new makeup you wanted to model for the sicc EVERgREENRIDER @EVERgREENRIDER ? LMFAO!

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Cuz we need a new mod up in here. Try to bring some life back to this once great forum
lol by posting about the blue monk on time?

shit was surprisingly on the news and facebook for a month straight, my mod powers are used to edit and delete spam other than that you can catch me at the boom boom room sat sun mon nights

to bring life back artists need to promote and support eachother on here you saw d sane try again but inevitably the juice isnt worth the squeeze