Portland Murderdog/Blood Rush

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 22, 2005
So when is someone gonna step up and make it happen for the town ..Nonstop,Syko,Nutz ,Bosko,x-ta-c all gettin big recognition or should I say starting to and alot more younger artists coming out I think the national attention is swingin this way if not my bad for lovin tha town so much jus an idea

and tha background cover should have whammy's and roses

May 4, 2002
alotta people cant rap.
and they "on" (wipe me down)
u dont need ANY talent to make money.
didnt u learn that from jessica simpson?

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
Yeah u can microwave a hit now a days...

mufuckas would love to have steak and lobster, but they settle for mcdonalds cause its cheap and errywhere you look..

But I don't know if the region (portland/seattle/errywhere else) will get recognition as a whole... but there are a good handful of us that will get it on our own.. (Me, syk, jake one(?), dow jones, bosko, *edit: shannon bex* ect ect).

But its too many corny mufuckas wit no talent and not enough hustle that cloud the scene.. Fuck it, I aint trippin, long as I'm hoverin above that cloud wit a clear veiw of the horizon... hopefully we can come back and snatch the others when its time... but I aint gone have too much faith in the mean time...

May 9, 2002
Nonstop said:
Yeah u can microwave a hit now a days...

mufuckas would love to have steak and lobster, but they settle for mcdonalds cause its cheap and errywhere you look..

But I don't know if the region (portland/seattle/errywhere else) will get recognition as a whole... but there are a good handful of us that will get it on our own.. (Me, syk, jake one(?), dow jones, bosko, *edit: shannon bex* ect ect).

But its too many corny mufuckas wit no talent and not enough hustle that cloud the scene.. Fuck it, I aint trippin, long as I'm hoverin above that cloud wit a clear veiw of the horizon... hopefully we can come back and snatch the others when its time... but I aint gone have too much faith in the mean time...

This is all im sayin. Some cats put too much on a region on not enough on the actual talent.

May 4, 2002
I Fucked Your Mom said:
This is all im sayin. Some cats put too much on a region on not enough on the actual talent.
what label right now cares about actual talent? turn on your radio..
the thing is...when talented muthafuckas push a hard line from YOUR region..you should embrace it...not talk about the demise of it before a dynasty even starts

nonstop know what it do...see its alot of us that fuck with each other just on some family shit...alot of us is rootin for each other and usin each others resources to get on..its only a matter of time...youll see the real ones and the people who try to crawl thru the door once WE open it

May 9, 2002
SYKO said:
what label right now cares about actual talent? turn on your radio..
the thing is...when talented muthafuckas push a hard line from YOUR region..you should embrace it...not talk about the demise of it before a dynasty even starts
Who said im NOT embracing it? I just get sick of people livin a fantasy of "blowing up", which is a term that is almost as overused as the word "hater".....it has no MEANING anymore.

And by your line, than the NW REALLY aint blowin up. Why? Again, NO gimmick. The Bay had Hyphy, the South had Crunk/Snap, and NY and LA BEEN doin it since the late 80's so they have NOTHINT to prove.

nonstop know what it do...see its alot of us that fuck with each other just on some family shit...alot of us is rootin for each other and usin each others resources to get on..its only a matter of time...youll see the real ones and the people who try to crawl thru the door once WE open it
And thats great! BUt STOP worrying about everyone else and start focusing on YOU and what YOU can do...everything happens for a REASON, and if someone is going to have longeivity in this business, than it will HAPPEN.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Why don't you get on here and say something people can use. I've never heard anyone promote stay seperate and get further. Everyone should do them, but if we can put it together just enough to get somebody to open the door that is all we need.
In fact, everywhere in the game besides one or two places have all came together to get it first and then seperate, just like groups.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
If we support our own like we support others, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Fuck what's on the radio or tv. Half the shit you don't even like anyways. That's what I mean by the region, not just artists coming together, but fans supporting and not bootlegging or asking for samples or demos.
Radio and press covering their own and not just those who are paying or those who are doing well in their region.

May 9, 2002
Hilltop Hound said:
If we support our own like we support others, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Fuck what's on the radio or tv. Half the shit you don't even like anyways. That's what I mean by the region, not just artists coming together, but fans supporting and not bootlegging or asking for samples or demos.
Radio and press covering their own and not just those who are paying or those who are doing well in their region.
Radio and TV=blowing up. Its called EXPOSURE. Once EXPOSURE is given, then media shifts towards THAT person. Its all a snowball effect. Look at Lil Jon and what he did for the South, or what e-40 did for the bay, and 50 for NY...do you see a pattern?:ermm:

Oct 22, 2005
SYKO said:
alotta people cant rap.
and they "on" (wipe me down)
u dont need ANY talent to make money.
didnt u learn that from jessica simpson?
^^^ Positive alot of people kant in the town the fans decide good musik im talkin on some klose knit portland music scene type shyt im jus tired of people thinkin we live on a farm and shyt like nelly said

May 9, 2002
Who cares what other people think of the NW? Why do you care so much? Whats more important, making your life better, or worrying about whata bunch of ignorant faggots think of you and the city you reside in?? Get your responsibilities in gear....

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
I Fucked Your Mom said:
Radio and TV=blowing up. Its called EXPOSURE. Once EXPOSURE is given, then media shifts towards THAT person. Its all a snowball effect. Look at Lil Jon and what he did for the South, or what e-40 did for the bay, and 50 for NY...do you see a pattern?:ermm:

all those people you listed ain't bring attention to their regions, you make it seem rap only been popular in those areas since 2000. . i see nothing wrong with a region clicking up to show what talent it has, i mean do you say "fuck your race" and just selfishly deal with your own life or you wanna help uplift others? did run-dmc only rep themselves or hollis, queens, did master p just rep his family or new orleans.

you can deal with your own career but also help those around who you feel got common ground as you where you at.

May 9, 2002
Eunuch said:
all those people you listed ain't bring attention to their regions, you make it seem rap only been popular in those areas since 2000.
Im only showing examples of REGIONS getting major exposure, read what I said.

i see nothing wrong with a region clicking up to show what talent it has, i mean do you say "fuck your race" and just selfishly deal with your own life or you wanna help uplift others?
What? Youre taking it WAY out of context. All im sayin is, worry about yourself FIRST, then worry about everyone else.

did run-dmc only rep themselves or hollis, queens, did master p just rep his family or new orleans.
Actually, Master P helped the BAY get some more exposure inthe 90's (albiet not as much nationally as more of a WEST COAST thing), and then he shifted back to the South and only put on cats from NO. What does that have to do with a REGION though? NO is a CITY, not a REGION.

you can deal with your own career but also help those around who you feel got common ground as you where you at.
And i agree. But youre all STILL missing the point. THe reason WHY a region "blows up", is becuase it has a DISTINCT sound that SEPERATES it from the rest, i.e. HYPHY, BOUNCE, CRUNK...do you understand that now???? How many more times do I have to point this out????

Some hard headed ass people...wowzers...:confused:

The Rabbi
Feb 26, 2006
NE Portland
im snoring.........this is old, i been promotin in the town, and only certain mugs is even makin moves at all because they set up a network, so they can get money. no network=no money! onda block they feel us, onda net they hate...i dunno...... mainstream is bulshit anyhow(liquidated hoes!)......syk, non-stop, x-ta-c, chuck-cheese, hollow tip, and sum of the GDs that syk keep wit em is really doin shit, oh yeah and i cant forget bout sum of the U's that fuck wit spike,they b gassin! but alot of shit goes on in the town that "net busters" dont know and cant understand, just my observations.....

Mar 23, 2006
www.2realrecords.net
whatever it take lets get it done this wont be the first time n.w been in xplosive i myself been in there two times befor but as the northwest we need a couple fresh interviews to showcase the legends from the town an the soon tobe legeneds..i dont know when you got here but i can say 2real records been puttin it down 10years strong..

Oct 22, 2005
honestly the 1st portland rappers i heard of was Cool Nutz, Kenny Mack kuz he talk 2 my 2nd kousin and 2 real records..and there is alot of pioneers that need to be recognized and there is alot of new comers that need to be rekognized