Pork - under tha influence (acropolis records)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
pretty sure he grew up in pasco. His real name was Kyle Adams. He definitely didn't become a brain surgeon. He went on to start an after school program for kids to show them how to make and record music. He was a real cool nice dude. Last time I saw him was at a gas station in pasco after a Yukmouth concert. I hadn't seen him in 5+ years and he came up and remembered me even though I didn't recognize until he reminded me. He said he was working on new music with Owens-n-beech street and Shaolin and a lot of the guys from the old days. This was in 2008-2009. Just a real charismatic super nice guy. I used to see some of the Acropolis records CD's at pawn shops and stuff in the area and I never picked them up, because I had them all. Now that I've had them all lost or stolen I'm really kicking myself.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
had to dig a lil to find this thread but i found it!!

anyone got these classics??? FUCKING NW GEMS right here!!! legendary slapperz

Which ones you looking for? I had the whole Acropolis records catalog on my computer that crashed but I've got hard copies of under the influence and the side n on you I can upload

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
pretty sure he grew up in pasco. His real name was Kyle Adams. He definitely didn't become a brain surgeon. He went on to start an after school program for kids to show them how to make and record music. He was a real cool nice dude. Last time I saw him was at a gas station in pasco after a Yukmouth concert. I hadn't seen him in 5+ years and he came up and remembered me even though I didn't recognize until he reminded me. He said he was working on new music with Owens-n-beech street and Shaolin and a lot of the guys from the old days. This was in 2008-2009. Just a real charismatic super nice guy. I used to see some of the Acropolis records CD's at pawn shops and stuff in the area and I never picked them up, because I had them all. Now that I've had them all lost or stolen I'm really kicking myself.
A lot of my shit gets stolen all the time. Especially when it comes to food by my roommates! The only thing I have stolen music wise was my Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill CD and Rubadub - Time We Stop cassette.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
not even regional. the word classic seems to be very vague these days. i guess personal classic is a thing...

Yeah I feel what your saying, I don't consider the word classic as sacred. It's an album that everyone i know bought and listened to all the time and you would hear it everywhere. In my mind that makes it classic.

Dec 4, 2006
if you grew up in the 509, especially Walla Walla, Tri Cities, Yakima Valley, Yakima u bumped Acropolis HARD!!! they are genuine classics to those that knew about them... there are some Seatown cats that knew about them too for sure... i just think its more of a 509 thang tho, we havent always had the best music to rep out here but this was for sure something we could all be proud of... these albums RIDE!!! thats the only way i know how to explain the sound and the feel, straight up rider music!!!

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
if you grew up in the 509, especially Walla Walla, Tri Cities, Yakima Valley, Yakima u bumped Acropolis HARD!!! they are genuine classics to those that knew about them... there are some Seatown cats that knew about them too for sure... i just think its more of a 509 thang tho, we havent always had the best music to rep out here but this was for sure something we could all be proud of... these albums RIDE!!! thats the only way i know how to explain the sound and the feel, straight up rider music!!!
For sure. There were a few latin folks like playa pimp (which are also dope imo) that had albums out around that time, but it was more player/club music. Acropolis was everyguy low-key gangsta rap. Either way great albums. I saw Under The Influence sold for almost $300 on ebay a few months back.