I'm VERY IMPRESSED w/ the SWC Mixtapes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Alright everybody b/c the Northwest is my spot, you don't get the pasted form letter I wrote for all the other regions.

I'm sure most of you guys have heard of TRMNDUS and his Southwest-connection mixtape series. I recently purchased several of them and I haven't taken them out of my CD player yet. About 3/4 of the tracks I'm feeling on nearly every single one. TRMNDUS puts nothing but the tightest shit on here. They are organized by region (South, Midwest, West, Northwest, I guess he just says fuck the East but that's OK b/c the East is weak anyway). They feature mainstream artists that you'd see on MTV alongside underground cats with very good talent. They're a great way to get a little taste of underground artists from other parts of the country that you otherwise wouldn't hear up the Notorious Northwest. For example, I heard a couple of tracks from this guy The Reapa from East Chicago, IN and felt them, so I got his album, and his album is one of the best I've bought in a long time. W/out the Midwest volumes of SWC Mixtapes I wouldn't have ever heard him (he's from G.I. and his album cover is probably the worst I have ever seen so I probably wouldn't have given him a second thought even if I did come across the album).

As for the Northwest, I was reluctant to buy some of the NW volumes b/c I have 283 rap albums from Washington State so I figured I'd heard it all. But I looked at the tracklists and I hadn't heard about half of the tracks on his NW volumes so I bought them, and it was well worth it, there is some hot NW shit on there that I hadn't heard. My Northwest collection got a lot better with these purchases.

I strongly encourage you to buy a couple of these. This is strictly real talk (TRMNDUS wanted me to do this but I've never met the guy, I don't know him, I would not be hyping something up I didn't believe in 110%), I'm writing this b/c I know you guys will be very impressed and your collections will improve exponentially with just buying a couple of them. They're about half the price of most CDs ($7) and if you want to order a bunch of them (like I did) TRMNDUS may cut you a deal. Another bonus is that he's in the Tacoma area so the shipping will be quick. None of this sitting around waiting for weeks for the album to be shipped from bumblefuck, Ohio.

Whether you like what he's done or not (Tadou), it doesn't matter, I don't care, all I am telling you is that there are large quantities of HOT SHIT on these mixtapes so if you'd like to have large quantities of HOT SHIT for a low price, then order some:

http://southwest-connection.com/mixtapes.html

Aug 18, 2002
I second all that.....picked up a couple of the NW mix tapes a few months back thinkin it's gonna be all artists I've already heard/have. Had 6-7 groups on each I'd never seen before and every track was slappin. Dude got a good ear for this and pulls some rabbits out the hat. Been meaning to pick up the others but you know how shit is....rapbay been takin my money....lol.