Grynch - This is What I Do

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
Grynch - This is What I Do (Review and Snippits)

this album is bangin... trust me.. this album is worth the money you spend..

i'll post up a review later tonight

pz

Nov 30, 2002
sorry bout the delay...anyways.. heres my review and the snippits i made for the album

Snippits- http://rapidshare.de/files/5808561/00000002.mp3.html

Intro - produced by C-Nik.. nice little intro.. grynch just explainin how he got to the place he is at now
beat- 8/10
lyrics- 9/10
overall 8.5/10

My Hustle - produced by Hypnotik.. never heard of dude... but he is sick behind the faders... grynch talkin bout how hes been hustlin in the rap game since he was 10.. and how people are becoming more and more alike.. frontin behind the mic and not bein real
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 10/10
overall- 10/10

We Put It Down - produced by Sonny Bonoho... most of y'all already know bout sonny... hes got heat for days with the beats... this song talks about how hes puttin it down for seattle and hw seattle is over looked.
beat- 8/10
lyrics- 8/10
flow- 9/10
overall- 8/10

Real Life - produced by Referenz.. most of y'all have heard this.. this beat is crazy.. referenz hooked him up for this... grynch is talkin bout how he lives his life... a real song.. no bullshittin in this song
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 10/10

Fly Away feat bad azz - produced by Sonny Bonoho... the only song i didnt like on the album... i thought this song was weak... bad azz couldve came better.. grynch outshined the fuck outta him on this.. grynch talkin bout how sometimes he just wants to escape the struggles of everyday life
beat- 6/10
lyrics- 6/10
flow- 7/10
overall- 6/10

The Garden Of Eden feat Neema of Unexpected Arrival produced by GT5 tightest song ont he album.. the beat is sick as fuck.. got that grimey/emotional feel to it... grynch is basically tellin people how he thinks and feels.. Neema tore it up on this.. both came very tight
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 10/10
overall- 10/10

So Free feat Samantha Hiatt produced by C-Nik yet again.. C-Nik hooked him up with a tight ass beat.. definitely a radio single.. samantha hiatt sounded good on the chorus... grynch talkin bout females in this one
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 8/10
flow- 8/10
overall 8.5/10
Tonight's The Night produced by Digital Product.. drinkers get lifted.. smokers get twisted... tight ass beat... song talkin bout gettin faded definitely a tight club type of track
beat- 9/10
lyrics- 9/10
flow- 9/10
overall- 9/10

Ready For War feat JK produced by GT5.. simple.. yet a hard beat.. grynch tore this up.. basically talkin bout he will out rap people and how hes on top of the game.. JK.. havent heard much from this dude... hes decent.. his lyrics were coo..
beat- 7/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 9/10
overall- 8/10

Interlude feat bill the fridge... all i gotta say is... youre crazy fridge.. holler at me for that ride homie...LOL

Get Off My Dick feat stefo produced Benefit... tight beat.. stefo did a good job on the hook.. grynch is talkin bout how people are jockin him
beat- 8/10
lyrics- 9/10
flow- 10/10
overall- 9/10

This Is What I Do feat young tone and crystyle produced by Referenz.. tight beat by referenze.. grynch is talkin bout how rappin and flowin is his life and how its shaped his life.. young tone... i wasnt feelin dude on this song.. crystyle is tight on it tho.. cant wait to hear more from him.. decent hook on this song..
beat- 8/10
lyrics- 8/10
flow- 8/10
overall- 8/10

Keep On Livin' produced by Hypnotik.. extremely tight beat... grynch is talkin bout how no matter what we go through we gotta keep on goin and livin without lettin all the drama and shit get in our way
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 9/10
overall 9.5/10

The Future produced by GT5.. another tight beat.. grimey and almost gangsta soundin.. but not quite.. grynch talkin bout how people are gonna wanna remove him from the rap game since hes on top i thought the hook could've been better... still a tight ass song
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 10/10
overall- 10/10

Full Circle produced by XV.. this beat takes a bit to get used too... i first started out not liking it.. but it grows onto you... grynch is talkin bout about how we have bad days but you need to look past it and its just a part of life and we need to deal with it
beat- 7/10
lyrics- 9/10
flow- 10/10
overall- 9/10
*Bonus Track* I'm Back produced by Referenz.. one of the tighter beats on the album... one of the tightest songs on the album... grynch is talkin bout how hes back and ready to flood the town with his heat..."one of the most witty.. im comin out like i was janets titties!"
beat- 10/10
lyrics- 10/10
flow- 10/10
overall- 10/10

Album as a whole - 8.5/10

this album is wirth the money you spend easily... one of the tightest releases out of seattle to this date.. you can tell grynch took his time with every track so it would come out the way he wanted it too.... this album is must have for a NW collection... its got everything from the grimey tracks.. to the club tracks... to the bitch cuts.. to representin songs.. a little bit of everything.... good work on this album grynch.. cant wait to hear the next one!

album costs $10 if you get it in the streets.. $12 if you order it by mail... you can get the album by contacting grynch at [email protected]

be sure to watch out for the singles "So Free" and "Real Life" on Kube and X104!
pz

Mar 9, 2005
Damn inasense, thanks for writing that up, for real man. I appreciate the positive review and feedback!

And @Fridge, you're damn right you never got that ride from me with your hatin' ass... shit. We were about to have to throw down too until you coughed up the money and bought my album. Prick. :cool: You's a fool Billy!!!

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Yeah, I was hatin'... the album didn't leave my deck for atleast 2 weeks.

Because my speakers blew out and the volume turned off.

Sike, I actually listened to it.

I happen to like that Bad Azz track, however. The line about Cheese and Crackers was hot.

Hahaha.

This album is awesome. It's definately worth purchasing and listening to a couple of times.

Plus Grynch is one of those starving children that the Christians ask $0.30 a day for... so help dude get a sandwich, last time he was in the studio with me I ate his and he had to go home and make oatmeal.

Mar 9, 2005
supavillain said:
damm imma cop it
good lookin out man, i appreciate that! if you don't see me around somehow they have copies at easy street records, sonic boom records and cellophane square. i'm taking copies to both tower records locations tomorrow so they should have it as well.