Z-Ro Speaks On Trae/Mike Jones; "Crack" Album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2008
In an up-coming exclusive interview with StreetCred.com, Rap-A-Lot artist Z-Ro talks about the controversy surrounding his "Crack" album and fellow Houston native Trae's altercation with Mike Jones.

Z-Ro is set to drop his new album "Crack" September 23 but he won't be using the original album cover after several major retailers refused to carry it due to its depiction of a man smoking a crack pipe.

"...we actually changed the album cover so that it would sell in places like Wal-Mart," Z-Ro tells StreetCred.com. "They changed it from the image of the crack pipe to a picture with the image in a mirror that's cracked...my freedom was to put the crack pipe up there so I know it's there with the subliminal message but due to the Wal-Marts, Blockbusters crying saying they want to sell the product but they draw the line if something is too edgy, some of our freedom was taken. I wanted to use the crack cover."

You can see the original "Crack" album cover here.

Z-Ro also spoke on fellow Houston native Trae punching Mike Jones at this year's Ozone Awards.

"In my opinion it was uncalled for. It was not my business but it was not good for the city...we know what the bullsh*t was about and I don't want to put everything out but the reason they got physical was a bullsh*t ass reason...If I was talking to Trae I'd be like, you 240 pounds, motherf*cker is like a rottweiler in this. Mike Jones who used to be a big n*gga is now a little guy...let me break this sh*t down for you OG style when you fighting a pitbull it would piss the rottweilers off if you was to bite a poodle."

Watch for the full interview with Z-Ro at StreetCred.com...coming soon.

Source: Z-Ro Speaks On Trae/Mike Jones; "Crack" Album | News | Streetcred.com

Z-RO's Controversial Album Cover Causes Stir

The cover of Z-RO's up-coming album "Crack" has caused a stir with several major retail chains refusing to carry the album.

The cover depicts Z-RO in a cloud of smoke while a man openly smokes a crack pipe in the foreground.

Several major retail outlets have refused to carry the album due to its controversial cover depiction.

Z-RO says that he used the cover as a means to let fans know that music they will be hearing on this album is so addicting that they will fiend for more.

"Crack" is due in stores September 23rd. You can listen to the album's first single "You" below:

You by Z-RO | Streetcred.com

Source: Z-RO's Controversial Album Cover Causes Stir | News | Streetcred.com

100% REAL MUTHAFUCKA

Jan 18, 2006
I cant believe out of all the rappers out of Texas Z-Ro is one of the ones that is still under the radar.

May 21, 2002
its funny to me that he thought he could get away with that album cover. Funny as shit. Z-Ro is real as fuck, he has to be the most consistant and credible rapper still making relevent music today

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I didn't pick up on that sentiment at all, Mayson. I understood that people in this thread are saying he buckled to industry and retailers standards to get his music into bigger market stores.