why people hate the dirty south

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
cash money, master p, lil flip, lil jon......basically most people think south is just about being crunk or ballin n shit....they dont know that south got some of the best rappers out there....

May 15, 2002
HERE'S THA REAL REASON WHY

Peeps hate the Dirty South for the simple fact that everything you see visually and hear musically is pretty much fools runnin they mouths about how many cars they own, ice they wear, always gettin the club crunk and that's what people always think when they see and hear things about the South in hip-hop. People don't realize that whoever the main rapper/crew is gives their representation of what their South is and when it goes to the mass public, the masses think that's all there is to us. Like when Trash Money hit nationally with Juvenile, all peeps knew was "Back That Ass Up" and his other shit devoted to ass and not much else. When P hit all they knew was "I'm 'Bout It," so whoever makes a national buzz the most gives a generalization of what the South is. 'Nuff said.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Folks hate on the south because the south got thier own style. It is different to what is going on in LA and NY and people hate outta ignorance.

Aug 7, 2002
i dont like the south that much, people just dont like that shit cuz it's stupid now...before it use to be hella tight with tight beats and shit, now they talk bout alll that ice cars how many earings n shyt they got and the beats sounds gay as fuck, it's not what it use to be like master p nolimit old shyt, 36mafia's old shit and a lot more. to much commercial shit...even the underground south shit is wack cept for devin, slimm thug, charmellion and a lil more. only rappers i like is some ATL shyt, devin, t rock and lil underground shit...

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
why people hate the dirty south
why people hate the east
why people hate the west

you can go on and on....
talk about it to you turn blue in the face...

some might even argue that no one hates anyone...

there really is no one flat out answer to these questions...
it all depends on the person.

while one hates, another loves

thats the way the world spins

D-Locc

Oct 1, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Re: HERE'S THA REAL REASON WHY

Stealth Killa said:
Peeps hate the Dirty South for the simple fact that everything you see visually and hear musically is pretty much fools runnin they mouths about how many cars they own, ice they wear, always gettin the club crunk and that's what people always think when they see and hear things about the South in hip-hop. People don't realize that whoever the main rapper/crew is gives their representation of what their South is and when it goes to the mass public, the masses think that's all there is to us. Like when Trash Money hit nationally with Juvenile, all peeps knew was "Back That Ass Up" and his other shit devoted to ass and not much else. When P hit all they knew was "I'm 'Bout It," so whoever makes a national buzz the most gives a generalization of what the South is. 'Nuff said.
mayne, i feel you on this one.

Apr 25, 2002
I dont hate the south at all. There is one problem I have with southern music. To me a lot of it sounds the same. I mean, of course you have rappers out of the ordinary, but to me the format for your average southern song is below average, simple lyrics with a prevailing bass beat and a chorus with the words nigga, fuck, shit, or bitch. All the rappers really talk about is their Ice and their rides and their spinners. Basically, to me, this format is the "ignorent" music that you hear people talking about when they say rap is just noise and has no content.

But then again, thats pretty stereotypical. There are some great groups in the south, Outkast, Nappy Roots, theres Face and Ludacris, Devin the Dude, I even enjoy Lil John and the Eastside Boyz (even though the sound I just described is theirs)! Also, nearly every rapper i hear from Atlanta seems to have their own sound goin on, Im feelin that.

Feb 8, 2003
Honestly Don't nobody hate the south.

I'm about to keep this real if you get offend then just be. Out of all the traveling that I do no matter where I'm at everyone says the West sucks the most and they put out nothing but bullshit except for Lynch, Yukmouth,Dre , Quik , 2Pac and the rest of the well known mainstream acts.

* Again I have love for the west and every coast these are not my words, Its just what niggas in the streets be saying lately.

Duece Out!

Apr 25, 2002
by the way im a little confused here. The west has always had quite a bit of love for the south. When you turn on the TV you see quite a bit of southern videos and hear quite a few southern songs in rotation. Ive seen a lot of east coast artists in the booth on bet being interviewed saying the south has the game on lock right now and they wish they could sell like the south. so whos hating?