TRAE...Underrated or Overrated

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2007
He is definitely underrated.Trae got banned from the radio right. I feel he would get more attention if he had some radioplay. I must say I keep some trae in my playlist. That street king album was a solid album.

Oct 31, 2007
He is definitely underrated.Trae got banned from the radio right. I feel he would get more attention if he had some radioplay. I must say I keep some trae in my playlist. That street king album was a solid album.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
He used to be underrated but now hes not making the same music as he used to, his first 2 albums I consider to be classics and so was "restless", "life goes on" was not bad but not great either. But I dont think hes overrated either hes still able to make a good song once in a while but just not as much as he used to do.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
good topic. i'll tell you straight up my opinion is biased. i think he's overrated and i can't think of a single song i like by him. i'm still open to change tho.

Nov 17, 2009
Trae was tyte til he started working with mainstream artists...I ain't scene z-ro making songs wit rick ross..he was underated about 5 years ago.

Jun 24, 2006
I think it was the wait for Restless and the change to Swang that did it for me. I used to bump trae all the time. STDD is classic. I also think I grew out of his subject matter. To say an artist is tight until they go mainstream is fucking stupid though. Thats what a motivated artist is trying to do!

Apr 25, 2002
UNDERRATED & UNDERAPPRECIATED. TRAE has at least 4 tight solo cds. Plus some dope mixtapes and two group albums wit ZRO. What more could you ask for?

Feb 8, 2006
Used to love his music but I have not been feeling his music lately. S.L.A.B. worded exactly how I feel about Trae too. They should do a Guerilla Maab album all 3 of them get together and get Q-Stone back on them beats.

Dec 25, 2003
Trae is tight & underrated & I still will have faith in him & ABN as long as they stick to their script & not jump onto the mainline... Imo he needs to connect with better grittier rappers like Hustler E, T-Rock, Lyrical Dre, C-Mob & Mr. Sche to name a few who fit his style more......

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
Not as underrated as b4 since he's got alot of niggas on the mainstream tip fuckin with him while he's still mashin out as an indie nigga

Street King still one of the best drops of this yr....He came back harder with this album than Life Goes On and that's all on err thang..

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
Overrated His voice just sounds terrible now i cant handle it before it was raspy now it sounds like he has Laryngitis or talkin without a voice box.

Z-RO>TRAE
Z-Ro always been an overall better artist, but as of recent Trae > Ro. I've said for years that he clearly has a better ear for production (Beats that Ro would def be fit over) , still comes out raw, but at the same time could crossover with some good hood bangers.

Meth was real dope on the other hand tho