Silkk The Shocker

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
yea, he was the worst, but it sounded like his ass had been practicin rappin while he was gone, lol. but as far as him droppin on anotha label, when i saw the video it said No Limit under it.

Feb 19, 2003
JLMACN said:
niggas just dont know...that im taxin all these hoes...

Yup. The only Silkk CD that I still play all that much these days is THE SHOCKER from '96. The production on that CD was No Limit at some of it's best shit, IMHO. I love the Bay-ish sound on "It's On" in particular--Silkk's lyrics are confusing as fuck to follow on that song, but the track makes up for it in a major way. "I Ain't Takin' No Shorts", "The Shocker", "Only If My 9 Could Talk", "She Wanna Fuck My Car", "Mr."...there ain't a song on that CD that I can't still bump!

PEACE!

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
koch got some big names, but they don't push their artists hardly at all!!!!!!!! I hate them for that. They had some of my favorites, but I still find it hard to get their shit. They are based in ny

the shocker is an amazingly well executed album, for someone with little rapping skills. It's still one of my all time favorites. It cracks me up on I'm bout it, that they try to make him look like he's the one that would be the best on NL.

Feb 19, 2003
CHRISHOGGALYPSE said:
koch got some big names, but they don't push their artists hardly at all!!!!!!!! I hate them for that. They had some of my favorites, but I still find it hard to get their shit. They are based in ny

the shocker is an amazingly well executed album, for someone with little rapping skills. It's still one of my all time favorites. It cracks me up on I'm bout it, that they try to make him look like he's the one that would be the best on NL.
Well, the production helped big-time on THE SHOCKER--KLC, Craig B., Carlos and whoeover else knew how to make dope tracks! The cool thing is that Silkk's lack of real skills is that CD's main asset--he manages to sound like "one of us!" I mean, think about it: most of us, if we tried to rap, probably wouldn't be THAT much better than Silkk was here! There's just a grimy feel about the whole thing that makes it real in spite of itself!

But you know what cracks ME up? The "commercial" on THE SHOCKER promoting Skull Duggrey's HOODLUM 4 LIFE which tries to make it sound like Dug's CD was going to be the shit (or--excuse me--the "bizz-omb", as P said). LOL! Oh, what memories...

PEACE!

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
that duggery cd had some slap on it. Not a front to back quality cd like silkk's was...

and correction...maybe he'd sound like one of y'all, but I know I'm a far better rapper than silkk on his best day. The sole 2 lines in my sig by me should hint towards that if you read them. He has a good rapping voice tho, he just sucks. And of course it was the production that set that cd off, excuse me for having hinted towards that, I definitely worded that wrong. Those beats were as good as they get.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I was just bumpin The Shocker last niGHt...shit is a major hitter to me...his new album is pretty wack IMO