Nobody Didn't Care About Souljah Slim until His Death.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
^^^TRUE...I WAS KNOCKIN GIVE IT 2 EM RAW BACK IN MAY 98.....BEFORE ALL THIS SLOW MOTION BULLSHIT

YALL EVER HEARD HIS FIRST TWO ALBUMS ? AS MAGNOLIA SLIMM....

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
D-Menace said:
^^^TRUE...I WAS KNOCKIN GIVE IT 2 EM RAW BACK IN MAY 98.....BEFORE ALL THIS SLOW MOTION BULLSHIT

YALL EVER HEARD HIS FIRST TWO ALBUMS ? AS MAGNOLIA SLIMM....

yea Darkside and Souljafalyfe. they have a compilation cd that dropped in 99 called Hype Enough Records "Limited Edition" that i think has both of his old albums as Magnolia on it. the songs are pretty tight but its nothing too special.

We all know dead rappers get better promotion.
i think Biggie said it best .. "You're nobody till somebody kills you".

Aug 9, 2002
I 1st heard of him on that DOWN SOUTH HUSTLERS album...yeah but back then he was called magnolia slim, tha track was called "YOU GOT IT" is a str8 gangsta song....real hardcore...but thatz what he was all about....

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

^^^yeah I first heard him on Down South Hustlers too. That compilation put me on to so many rappers, ESG, Dayton Family, Point Blank, C-Loc, Soulja Slim, etc...

I was feeling Give It To Em raw though back in the day. I thought it was one of the tightest CD's No Limit put out, better than Mac, Fiend, etc...

Mar 14, 2003
playa RY said:
I was feeling Give It To Em raw though back in the day. I thought it was one of the tightest CD's No Limit put out, better than Mac, Fiend, etc...
I neva felt Give It To Em Raw, even tho slim was a raw rappa. The beats they gave him on that album were recycled or below par.

Aug 7, 2002
givem to 'em raw is and alwayz will be soulja slim's tightest album...dat shit was cooo back in 98...im feelin that slow motion song aint heard a tight song since 98 now slow motion song that shit is bangin...i heard da album wasn't all good production though

Dec 11, 2002
THE SREETS MADE ME WAS A TIGHT CD, SO WAS GIVE IT TO EM RAW I WAS LISTENING TO SLIM SINCE BACK IN 98 HE HAD SOME REAL STREET SHIT THAT MADE YOU THINK HE WAS ACTUALLY LIVING THE LIFE HE WAS RAPPING ABOUT

May 15, 2002
I been said this shyt. Everybody actin like they was Soulja Slim's biggest fans and shyt, knowin they wasnt bumpin him until he died. Half of 'em aint even know that was him on Slow Motion. I been on Slim music since Give It To 'Em Raw, so I knew what kinda beast he was long before his death.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Mista Sinista said:
I been said this shyt. Everybody actin like they was Soulja Slim's biggest fans and shyt, knowin they wasnt bumpin him until he died. Half of 'em aint even know that was him on Slow Motion. I been on Slim music since Give It To 'Em Raw, so I knew what kinda beast he was long before his death.

that's how it always is though .. at least he's getting some kind of shine and his moms is getting money for record sales. looking at it like that it's all good to me. i still remember when that Lokee album dropped in 96 and everybody around here was bumping "Weed Fiends" with Magnolia Slim.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I'll be honest I havent peeped his shit since Give It To Em Raw. I used to play the shit outta that CD back in the day though.

May 15, 2002
TOKZTLI said:
Thats true, I never played his shit and didn't know he died. Now I want to listen to some of his shit.
Thats cool right there. But Im talkin about these folks who wanna act like they was his biggest fans and shyt, but when he was livin, they never gave him a listen.

May 9, 2002
nobody cared about him till his death??

i was (and seems like a lot of folks) were listening to him YEEAAAARRRS ago....it just hurt his career that he got locked up after "give it to 'em raw" dropped