No Limit Records

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
remember when No Limit would drop a new album almost every week back in 1998? haha. I have to admit that I bought some No Limit cd's only because I thought the album covers were cool LOL. I never really liked Beats By The Pound's production. I think Master P and them were a lot tighter flowing over some K-Lou production. Most of those 1998 No Limit cd's are weak in my opinion. The only song I like From C-Murder-Life Or Death is Akickdoe. The only song I like from that Ghetto Commision cd is I'm A Soulja

Sep 1, 2003
LOD = classic.......im playin constantly n danger right now

ghetto comission has some tight cuts on their album....

BBP kept nl on top with those hard ass soldier beats....klou did his part too

i still play my NL cds...i prolly always will

May 21, 2002
I don't knocc em like i used to when they came out

i bought fuckin loads of em

on reflection now, they was only a few tight albums every released on NL

most of them came out before 98

May 11, 2002
I was bumpin TRU "True 2 The Game" yesterday. That is one of the tighest CD to drop from NL. C-Murder "Life Or Death" is right behind. And Master P "The Ghetto Is Trying To Kill Me" is a classic.

Aug 7, 2002
i mostly bought it cuz da covers too but shit was still tight in 98...lol i even bought full blooded memorial day cuz da cover da album did suck though

Sep 1, 2003
last one i bought was 504 boyz-goodfellaz in may 2000 i think it was....after that im like nah

i got full blooded too.....theres some decent songs on here...one with cmurder an big ed

i miss tha old shit.....back when c murder came hella hard an shit

Apr 25, 2002
yea i use to buy all the no limit albums to....i would only hear one or two good cuts but i would always buy another one thinking it would be tighter than the last...but they just went down hill
i ended i selling most of my no limit albums

Feb 7, 2004
i didnt buy a ton of that stuff at the time , but YOUNG BLEED - "My balls and my word" gets a lotta play on my system still , that shit is classic.

Feb 14, 2004
I started buying No Limit shit in 95'. I always bought NL albums right on the release date. But I don't no more, last NL album I bought was TRU - Da Crime Family, besides Master P's latest, I bought that.

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
carlos said:
i mostly bought it cuz da covers too but shit was still tight in 98...lol i even bought full blooded memorial day cuz da cover da album did suck though
I never got that cd but that is a tight album cover

Feb 19, 2003
Yup. I used to buy all the No Limit CDs, Jar!

IMHO, the best ones, and the ones which still get play in my ride and at home were...basically everything from '94 (starting w/ THE GHETTO's TRYIN' TO KILL ME) up to Soulja Slim's GIVE IT 2 EM RAW, which came out in late May '98. For the most part, you really can't go wrong with about 95% of the No Limit stuff from this period. For me, the decline started with Master P's MP DA LAST DON, which came out in June 1998. Something about that CD was just...phoned-in, and I had a gut feeling that No Limit was inching closer to more commercial-type shit. But they made some damn good shit during the '94/up-to-early '98 period--P's first four CDs, Silkk's hard THE SHOCKER, C-Murder's tight, deep LIFE OR DEATH, TRU's first two CDs, the great WEST COAST BAD BOYZ comps, the DOWN SOUTH HUSTLERS comp--all dope shit, IMHO.

As for the stuff that came after MP DA LAST DON, the only ones that I still play that much (if it all) are both of Mac's CDs (SHELL SHOCKED and WW3), Steady Mobbin's soulful BLACK MAFIA, Fiend's not-great-but-not-bad STREET LIFE, Soulja Slim's THE STREETZ MADE ME (R.I.P. Slim), and some of the better cuts on Snoop's last two NL CDs (NO LIMIT TOP DOGG and THE LAST MEAL). A lot of the songs on those later CDs (especially on Silkk's MADE MAN, Full Blooded, Prime Suspects, etc.) sound so rushed it's not funny! P made his money, and you can't hate on him for that, but I tend to agree with what Yukmouth said in MURDER DOG about how it's pointless for P to keep making records with all the money he's made...

PEACE!