that new soulja slimm and juve song now just a juve song? GAY!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
man..when i first saw the video like 2weeks ago..it was displayed as juve and soulja slimm....now i see the video and they dont even put soulja slimm name on that shit!!!! thats fuckin gay!!..what kinda disrespectful ass clown shit is that?..they need to respect what homeboy did....fuckin dick smokers

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
i hear bitches runnin around singin this shit...i just heard it a few days ago for the first time...most people don't even know who Slim is, the less they could do is give him some kinda recognition, and show a lil respect for a fallin rapper...personally, if it wasn't for Soulja Slim being on the song i probably never would have never even given it a listen...

Apr 25, 2002
^^ naw homie im diggin the song..and i think juve and slimmcame tight..its a nice ass joint ill be bumpin for a while..but yea its just fuckin gay shit that they took slimms name off...makes me wonder if juvenile tryna take all the credit or somethin? i know its alotta rip slimm shirts in the video and shit but my homeboy pointed out to me somethin kinda odd..they dont have even one image of slimm in the video...just shirts that read rip...but no images...i dunno..im prolly lookin too deep into it..i just think it would be a shame if juve was tryna take all the credit for the track

Apr 25, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THEY WAS HOMEBOYS TO THE FULLEST ALONG WITH BG. You trying to convince yourself that JUVENILE trying to capitalize off SLIM'S death? That's like saying the OUTLAWZ abusing PAC'S name. That could never ever be true.

Apr 25, 2002
^^ tryin to convince myself? where the fuck u get that from?..i just called it how i saw it...i really dont give a fuck im sayin if they were so close and shit wouldnt juve see to it that slimm got his recognition?..i mean maybe homie up top is right bout the copyright shit but i mean..how could he still use slimm vocals if it was a copyright issue?

Jul 25, 2002
"I?m out here at the ?Slow Motion? video shoot, one of my dog song?s that was on Juve?s album. They are finally doing the video, which they should have been done when Slim was living. I don?t respect the whole situation. I don?t respect how they are playing it. At first I was just beefin? with Baby of Cash Money, now I am beefin? with Baby and everybody affiliated with Cash Money. Although I do have alot to say, I am going to chill. If Slim was living, Slim would be directing the video and Juve knows that. If Slim was here they would be like ?Slim what?s up.....whatever you want....you got that.... it?s cool.? Now that Slim is dead they feel like they can do whatever. If you respected Slim while he was here, we are here to make sure you respect him while he is dead. Ms. Linda is not even out here,? shares BG.

According to BG, we can still expect the BG and Soulja Slim album, ?Never Seen It Coming.? "Some of it came out underground, nine of them got out, but Slim and I have about 30 songs recorded,? says BG, ? and I have my album coming out ?Life After Cash Money,? so it?s all good. I got Cut Throat featured on my album. It?s still official like a referee with a whistle.?

I spoke with Ms. Linda about the video shoot and her reason for the absence of Cut Throat from the video shoot and she was glad to share her feelings with Data News Weekly. According to Ms. Linda, "Juve called me the Friday before the video shoot. I knew what he was calling about because his plans to shoot the video was all over the radio all that week... that was the first time that I heard from Juve since Slim died four months ago. As the CEO of Cut Throat Commity and Slim?s affairs, I asked Juve if he owed Slim anything for that song (?Slow Motion?). He was rude to me. He disrespected me. He claims that Slim gave him the song and if Slim did, then there is nothing that I can say about their deal. Juve feels like he did not owe Slim anything, but did say he was going to give him something on it. He told me that he is blowing my son up, but I feel that Slim and that song is helping Juve more than anything. A few minutes later, I got a call from Juve?s manager, Aubrey, telling me that Juve wanted him to bring me a package for the song and for Slim?s images. I told Aubrey to call my attorney and that my attorney would advise me on how to proceed. We never came to a resolve. It?s not about the money, it?s the principle of the matter. I felt disrespected by Juve and that he was not being honest with me. Juve did not have to call me on the phone, he could have come to talk to me. ?ChiQuita, you know how I love my son,? continues Ms. Linda. ?I would have loved nothing more than to have been out there in my soldier gear representing my son, but I know that if I would have been out there, it would have looked as if I was ok with what Juve was doing, and I am not. Juve has been over here and up those steps so many times, he could have come talk to me a whole lot better than he did. All I want is to make sure that my son is properly represented, but I want peace of mind. I pray a lot, daily. I do not want to be in fear in my house or that someone is going to hurt me. I love my house. Slim bought me this house. This is where he wanted me and this is where I am going to be. I just want to feel comfortable and safe in my home." Linda Tapp Porter

New Orleans own Wild Wayne posted this info to give the full story on this article:

I personally hate this type of journalism that plays the fence! I happen to know the journalist, juvi and knew slim. I have talked to juvi in the past about that song and from my conversation, the song was "GIVEN" to juvi personally by slim. Alledgedly Slim's intentions were to get it on a nationwide release that would further blow up his career since he was on the rise AND in between albums.(gettin ready for the Cutthroat compilation and the duo album with BG) Slim knew that the higher ups at Universal would highly promote a Juvenile album and it would have been beneficial for him to appear on a potentially platinum album. Slim was right.

Unfortunately he was killed before he could see the fruit of his labor. In addition, Juvi adamantly opposed the release of Slow Motion and DID NOT WANT TO EVER DO A VIDEO FOR THAT SONG! He told me that it was not ever gonna be right without Slim. Radio, clubs and the streets ran with slow motion, not Juvi. Dont get it twisted. I remember when juvi the great dropped nobody really gave slow motion a fighting chance as a single, everybody was up on "in my life" & "numb numb"(check the archives) That type of irresponsible journalism leads to conflict. Did you notice the happy go lucky talk at the start then you rip Juvi to shreds at the end? Was there anything else in the end of the article asking juvi's side????(i.e. some of the things i just printed) In a city with the amount of rap turmoil that we are already experiencing(Slim, C-Murder, Mystikal, Turk and countless other situations) is this any way to represent for the world to see?

May 11, 2002
That Song & Video would have blown Soulja Slim up.......It's too bad that he passed away before he could see all of it. I like Slim.....he was tight on the mic. It's a damn shame. RIP.

And if Slim gave Juve that track for nothing....there is nothing he owes to Slim's family. He could be generous and give something to his mother, Ms. Tapp, but there is nothing he owes.

May 11, 2002
caffeine said:
how many albumS did soulja had for NO LIMIT ?
2 No Limit Cd's....He had "Give It 2 Em Raw(1998)" and "The Streets Made Me(2001)"

He Had 2 Independent CD's Titled "Years Later(2002)" and "Years Later...A Few Months After(2003)"

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
IMO Slim is and will always be one of the dopest cats from the N.O. to have ever touched a mic. I never liked any No Limit albums besides Slim's (and West Coast Bad Boyz 1 and some older bay No Limit) Magnolia Slim goes down IMO as one of the great mc's in rap/hip-hop. I honestly think if he hadn't passed away he would be one of the top mc's both respect wise and commercially in the game right now. On the whole "Slow Motion" situation I don't know what to think. Juvie should hook up Slim's fam regardless if Slim gave him the song/rights or not. I have seen the video numerous times ( very good song by the way) and some times it says featuring Soulja Slim and sometimes it doesn't.
Either way Slim was taken before his time and his contribution to the rap/hip hop communitty will be greatly missed....... RIP MAGNOLIA SLIM

NuttKace

Feb 8, 2003
PoeticChocolate said:
Whenever I see the video they show Slimm's name in the credits....

Wasn't "Slow Motion" originally Slimm's song anyway?
YEP
I got the O.G. with just Soulja on it. See what happen was he never got to finish the track so who ever was in control of it sold the shit to CMR.