Interested old/new NO LIMIT fans. No Haters Welcomed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Talks around town are that there is goin to be a NL "reunioun" sum time next year. i dont how many of u Nawlins natives heard yet but their are talks goin on about former producers n artists coming back to their rightful home. Former BBTP beatmaker C-Los was in an interview last year talking bout if P wants him back he's more than willing to come back home. also earlier this year one of the first producers on the No Limit label DJ Darryl who is also a member of BBTP made his return on P's latest album "Goodside Badside". for the last 6 -7 mths now there have been rumors circulating about Fiend returning back to the Tank since his departure from DOuble R aka Ruff RYders. how ever no one has confirmed this as of yet. now as of last week their was also another hot rumor that another big name NL producer was hooking back up with the Tank and suppose to be dropping couple tracks on the new upcoming Silkk album. Kenoe one of New Orleans biggest producers was confirmed to be doin sum work on Silkk's new album. although he was not apart of BBTP he did sum work with them n together they dropped sum fire ass beats. KLC n Moby D are the only cats missing from the news but i think theres a chance someone gon reach out to them niggas n bring them back.

If all of this is so i'm truely anticipating 05 but if NL wants to see that success again they once had, only 2 things need to happen: P promote his young talent (NOT ROMEO) and give them more exposure and the return of C-Murder . thats the only way despite them bringin back their vets. and what wud help them a lil is if they took it back to the streets "southern style" if they dont do that then it'll be a waste of time for these niggaz coming back.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
mayne...i look at it 2 different wayz..

1- people now-a-days aint even familiar wit what the old P was....now they into the Lil Jon sound....and all of that Atl based music...Crunk shit...
...so im askin my self...would it even mattter if they get togther?...

2- P is over influenced himself.....he uses whats popular too much....and i think it kinda fucked up too...cause he was a trend setter back in his day...he is sooo influenced by all this shit...from beats to lyrics......
he use to talk about some real shit....and no hater can deny that..
....i would be interested in seein this happen.....but then again....i dont think it would be what it seems...
.....plus....big Ed...is dead...mayne...he held it down for NL....fa real...

May 21, 2002
P was always in it to make money, from his perspective why would he do it otherwise.

Beats By The Pound / Medicine Men dont generate millions as a production unit.

Plus no KLC = No Beats By The Pound

I like to hear a new Fiend cd though

Aug 4, 2002
^^^Not to sure about Beats By The Pound not generating millions. No Limit was huge when they were producing and went to shit when they left. All the artists that they had need to come back cuz they or No Limit ain't done shit since they separated.

Feb 8, 2003
Mak Deniro said:
I like to hear a new Fiend cd though

THE NEW FIEND IS OUT NOW, ITS CALLED GO HARD OR GO HOME I JUST GOT TO PICK IT UP TOMMORROW

FIEND : GO HARD OR GO HOME

1. Intro
2. Baller 4 Real
3. Two Bad MF's
4. U Can Get It
5. Rollin W/FE
6. Get Bucked
7. Smoking Intro
8. Rollthat
9. Light That
10. I'm Ya Problem
11. Around My Way
12. Bout That Action
13. Let's Go
14. Already
15. Cream Skit
16. I'm Doing It
17. Grab That
18. Neverbeen
19. Guns Up Fiend

man what the fuck u talking about u going tell me that old songs like bout it bout it ..make em say ...we some no limit solders down for my nigga is not the same crunk shit lil jon doing now shit lil jon got his style from master p and so did so many others i would love to see all them get back togther and do some up to date crunk shit

mayne...i look at it 2 different wayz..

1- people now-a-days aint even familiar wit what the old P was....now they into the Lil Jon sound....and all of that Atl based music...Crunk shit...
...so im askin my self...would it even mattter if they get togther?...

2- P is over influenced himself.....he uses whats popular too much....and i think it kinda fucked up too...cause he was a trend setter back in his day...he is sooo influenced by all this shit...from beats to lyrics......
he use to talk about some real shit....and no hater can deny that..
....i would be interested in seein this happen.....but then again....i dont think it would be what it seems...
.....plus....big Ed...is dead...mayne...he held it down for NL....fa real...

Aug 7, 2002
doesn't matter who took who's it matters how the music sounds...these days most people are into lil jon/crunk sounds when it use to be nolimit and that hardcore soul feelin but i know it'll never be the same like the old ish....people still keep sayin this bullshit how they gonna come back it aint happenin...

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
i don't think KLC is going to go back if there's a reunion. he's working on his solo and shit right has a single and everything. KLC is making some big moves without No Limit.

Dec 25, 2003
I still remember them old No limit days from 95-99 (1999 was known as the last great year of NL)
(Until Master Ps Only God can judge me which is sucked really bad!!!) And the 504 Boyz sucked too and thats about it for the millenium; and Ghetto Postage was a dubbl dudd!!!

Feb 23, 2003
1998 WAS THE LAST BIG NO LIMIT YEAR UNTIL JUVE'S 400 DEGREEZ DROPPED AND DESTROYED NO LIMIT.. NO LIMIT RECORDS DIDN'T JUST FALL OFF THEY GOT PUSHED OFF BY CASH MONEY RECORDS.

Aug 4, 2002
Justin said:
1998 WAS THE LAST BIG NO LIMIT YEAR UNTIL JUVE'S 400 DEGREEZ DROPPED AND DESTROYED NO LIMIT.. NO LIMIT RECORDS DIDN'T JUST FALL OFF THEY GOT PUSHED OFF BY CASH MONEY RECORDS.
True. Then P tried to hop on that Cash Money/club/dance/commercial/etc. type shit and it ain't work. Shoulda stuck to the script.

Feb 19, 2003
Justin said:
Yup, you're not too far off w/ that statement....I remember the first major release No Limit put out in '99, which was Silkk's MADE MANN. There were a few cuts on it that I liked, but the sound of the record and something about the whole vibe made me say, "uh oh, something's not right here." I had a feeling it was over when (1) TRU's DA CRIME FAMILY came out, and it consisted mostly of skimpy two-verse songs that sounded rushed and phoned-in, and (2) That stupid-as-fuck stint that P had w/ the WCW, where Swoll and that other dude feuded w/ Curt Hennig, Barry Windham, etc.

But yeah, even if some of the old soldiers and producers DID get back together, it'd be a no-win situation: fans of the '90s No Limit like me would expect them to sound like their "classic southern" period of early '97 up to late '98 or so (if not the more Bay-influenced '93-'96 years, which would probably be IMPOSSIBLE for P to replicate anyway, as he's just too rich), but today's teenybopper fans who think Lil Jon et al is the shit would want more chant/dance-type shit, and they wouldn't have the patience to listen to songs where the verses have more than eight bars along w/ actual lyrics.

PEACE!

May 15, 2002
Im a No Limit fan til the end, but I dont see too much they can do now. All the big names are gone.

C-Murder = Sentenced to Life
Mystikal = Sentenced to 6 years
Mac = Sentenced to 30 years
Big Ed = Dead
Soulja Slim = Dead
Fiend = ?
Magic = ?
Mia X = ?
Gambino Family = ?
Prime Suspects = ?
Skull Duggery = ?

Apr 25, 2002
man,to me the "Old" No Limit consisted of Master P,Silk,C-Murder,Big Ed,Cali G,EA SKI,King George,Dangerous Dame,Lil Ric,Sonya C and Simply Dre....thats what i vision when i hear cats talk about old school No Limit,but i guess i think too far back....the old shit we're P would only mention N.O. once in a great while when he's say he was born there.when the only mothafuckas that was buyin his shit was from Nor Cal....

Aug 9, 2002
Foul Mouth said:
man,to me the "Old" No Limit consisted of Master P,Silk,C-Murder,Big Ed,Cali G,EA SKI,King George,Dangerous Dame,Lil Ric,Sonya C and Simply Dre....thats what i vision when i hear cats talk about old school No Limit,but i guess i think too far back....the old shit we're P would only mention N.O. once in a great while when he's say he was born there.when the only mothafuckas that was buyin his shit was from Nor Cal....
WHAT THA FUCK!!!!! MAIN! NOR CALI...LOL HELL NO... HE MIGHT OF LIVED THEIR & ALL BUT HE HAD THAT SOUTH THANG GOIN ON B-4 ANY1 PUT IT OUT THEIR LIKE THAT.... PLUS C-MURDER AINT EVER TALKED BOUT THA WEST COAST HES ALL ABOUT THA SOUTH.....JUST GO ON BACK & LISTEN TO THEM CLASSIC TRU ALBUMS....ESPECIALY "SWAMP NIGGAS" & ASK YOUR SELF WHAT HE CLAIMS.... & HE BEEN SELLING UNDERGROUND SHIT DOWN SOUTH 4 SUM TYME.... WAY B4 HE BLEW UP.... HE SAID IT HIMSELF THAT THA N.O. WAS WERE HE 1ST STARTED REALLY SELLING.......

Apr 25, 2002
thats coo.i know what i know,Swamp Niggas might be a "classic" i guess,but years before that they was hollerin Richmond and the Bay,he'd say N.O. too but i heard Richmond alot more then N.O. on his "old" shit.first time he got "south" on his shit was 2 tracks on "TRUE"."Fuck Them Hoes" & "Im Bout It".and i know what them cats claim now.they from there,but they was out here buildin there name up.and im straight with listenin to them "classic tru albums".i stopped listenin to No Limit once they went back south.nothin against the south but i liked there "original" sound.if you dont believe me then thats coo,i dont realy care,but take this topic to B.A.R.T. and see what you come up with....now i aint sayin they from here,cus they aint,but we was buyin his shit way back.waaaay back before his "classic" shit....

Aug 9, 2002
I BELIEVE U...I NEVER SAID HE NEVER TALKED ABOUT RICHMOND BUT U JUST KIND OF MAKE IT SEEM LIKE HE WAS NEVER TALKING ABOUT THA SOUTH.....

SHIT ITS KINDA BLURY BUT I STILL REMEMBER LISTENING HIM TALK ABOUT RICHTOWN BUT I ALSO REMEMBER HAVING THOZE OLD ASS BLACK & WHITE COVER TAPES OF TRU WERE HE HAD LIKE 6 SONGS & HE HAD THAT 3RD WARD FUNK SONG ON....HE USED TO ALSO LIVE IN HOUSTON, IN CASE U DIDNT KNOW....HERE IN TEXAS HE SOLD A SHIT LOAD OF UNDERGROUND TAPES STR8 OUT THA TRUNK WAY B4 99 WAYS TO DIE & ALL THAT SHIT....HE ALMOST GOT SINGED TO RAP-A-LOT BUT HE HAD HIS OWN SHIT GOING ON.....HIS WHOLE STYLE WAS SOUTHERN EVERYTHANG FROM SLANG TO STYLE....HOWMANY BAY CATS HAD GOLD GRILLS IN THEY MOUTH WAY BACK IN THOZE DAYZ....