Geto Boys-Da Good Da Bad and Da Ugly

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2003
8/10

Well, it doesn't go far enough to be a classic, but it IS way better than a lot of people thought back in '98. Call me crazy, but as much as I like THE RESURRECTION, I actually thought Scarface's lyrics and vocals were a little more thought-out on DA GOOD, DA BAD & DA UGLY (Scarface himself admitted that he thought THE RESURRECTION was "rushed"). Willie D. was equally dope on both CDs. It would have been nice had Bushwick made it, but he had issues w/ Rap-A-Lot at the time...

If you remember back in '98, just about ALL of the Rap-A-Lot releases during this time were following the No Limit formula of featuring the whole label's "family" on everyone's CDS, and I bought a lot of the Rap-A-Lot releases (5th Ward Boyz, Ghetto Twinz, Devin, etc.) during this time in the same way that I bought AWOL's and No Limit's stuff (The Tank was still hot in '98). It was like having several Rap "families" w/ whom you were familiar and "knew" everybody. Some complained about there being too many features, but I thought they added to the CD in a good way (for the most part).

As far as favorite songs, I'd say "Dawn 2 Dusk", "Livin' 4 Tha Moment", "Eye For An Eye", "Do Yo Time", "Like Some Ho's", "Free", "They Bitches", "Gangsta Put Me Down", and "Retaliation," but there isn't anything wack per se...it's more disjointed than previous Geto Boys CDs, but dope if you give it the time it needs (as are most old-school Rap-A-Lot CDs).

PEACE!

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
Re: 8/10

sav-man said:
As far as favorite songs, I'd say "Dawn 2 Dusk", "Livin' 4 Tha Moment", "Eye For An Eye", "Do Yo Time", "Like Some Ho's", "Free", "They Bitches", "Gangsta Put Me Down", and "Retaliation,"
yeah...all those songs are dope

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
definetley underrated

although many people think ii'm crazy for this.. it's my most-played Geto Boys album... there are like 10 tracks on there that i can never get tired of