DJ PAUL FROM 36 MAFIA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
blowing up has do to with dropping heat cuz it seems when people get famous they try to reach a broader audience and few can do that without losing their appeal, three six and twista are the best examples i can think of as people i stopped listenin to
Actually your wrong for the most bc ADRENALINE RUSH, KAMIKAZE & WORLD DOMINATION, WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS was all dropped on major labels.

It s has nothing to do with blowing up for a music change its all what style is hot at the moment and times. Three six would be broke AND WASHED UP about now if they kept rapping about the devil they wouldve never reached the fame they achieved.

You cant stay in the same spot/position or step back all your life. Its about growth and moving forward alot of people on here live in teh past tahst the problem.

Reminds me of some old ass washed up high school football player that fucked up his life from a injury or drugs and uses his 1995 state championship ring to get hoes in 2008

Jun 30, 2008
i didnt say shit about them being on a major label, i said when they blow up, adrenaline rush and chapter 2 barely went gold, youve got to stop writing fuckin essays whenever someone says something you disagree with a twist around

Aug 26, 2003
i didnt say shit about them being on a major label, i said when they blow up, adrenaline rush and chapter 2 barely went gold, youve got to stop writing fuckin essays whenever someone says something you disagree with a twist around

word lol, dude thinks the more he writes the more that makes him sound right.

adrenaline rush did go platinum after two years though, not sure about ch.2

Aug 26, 2003
I dont know what your def of blowing up is but
blowing up is getting signed to a major label and exposed to the bigger audience and more money.

I dont write essays you just cant read.

I actually agree with you on this but only to a certain extent. Twista was first signed to a major deal back in 91(loud records) This was around the time he had the Guinness world record(which I'm sure you already know) But Twista didn't become a household name and certified star until Slow Jamz blew up with the help of Kanye and Jamie Foxx in 2004. Which explains kamikaze selling 300,000+ its first week.

Theres plenty of artist signed to major deals that get shelved(MOP,Saigon, Sly Boogy etc). A major contract alone doesn't equate to blowin up!!.

Now back to twista and three six. Twista didn't fall of when kamikaze blew up in my opinion. But he did when Ar2k7 came out. Which ironically came out at a time his popularity was decreasing. That album is littered with cookie cutter beats and simplistic rhymes. If he had been working with traxster theres no way some bullshit like that would have ever got pressed up and put on shelves. If it aint broke don't fix it. I wouldn't be surprised if AR2K7 sold less than runnin off at the mouth. Which is the exact opposite of what he and atlantic records were hoping for by going for an even more commercial sound. But thats what happens when you lose your hunger and have to answer to some bullshit ass record exec.

Now on to Three six. They fell off when they lost an average of three members every year lol. Nothing to do with not rapping about that devil shit anymore. (Sippin on sizzurp,who run it,chicken head etc) was when their popularity was really starting to take off outside of the southern region. Fast forward to this lolli lollie bullshit and two niggaz representing a one time great group is an embarrassment. That life in Hollywood shit isn't something to brag about. All money aint good money but only prostitutes would disagree with that statement.

Feb 8, 2003
I actually agree with you on this but only to a certain extent. Twista was first signed to a major deal back in 91(loud records) This was around the time he had the Guinness world record(which I'm sure you already know) But Twista didn't become a household name and certified star until Slow Jamz blew up with the help of Kanye and Jamie Foxx in 2004. Which explains kamikaze selling 300,000+ its first week.

Theres plenty of artist signed to major deals that get shelved(MOP,Saigon, Sly Boogy etc). A major contract alone doesn't equate to blowin up!!.

Now back to twista and three six. Twista didn't fall of when kamikaze blew up in my opinion. But he did when Ar2k7 came out. Which ironically came out at a time his popularity was decreasing. That album is littered with cookie cutter beats and simplistic rhymes. If he had been working with traxster theres no way some bullshit like that would have ever got pressed up and put on shelves. If it aint broke don't fix it. I wouldn't be surprised if AR2K7 sold less than runnin off at the mouth. Which is the exact opposite of what he and atlantic records were hoping for by going for an even more commercial sound. But thats what happens when you lose your hunger and have to answer to some bullshit ass record exec.

I remember back then he was called Tung Twista and they didnt promote him for shit and plus it didnt help that he was wack then too. He seemed like a rip off of the fast rapping guy from the group Fu Schnickens.

I think twista's timing was fucked up after kamakaze bc he dropped too soon after Kamakaze remember he dropped day after less a year later that shit flopped then he dropped ar2k7 too was doing a different flavor with picking production for it(plus imo he was too cocky and figure i dont give a fuck they gonna buy this shit anyways). He shouldve waiting a a few years in between and dropped that speedknot mobstas like originally scheduled.

I still think that the fast rapping is played out now on a commercial level.

manne, when you a left hand killa the right has no point in life

EDIT

about the twista and paul shit, its real funny mufuckas be talking about it, because i never thought about it before tonight and I discussed these two with my homie..and he be sayin they aint alike.but twista did get major play in magz, but almost hype, like have you ever heard twista hes dope...Imthinkin he appealed to the audience more than paul, memphis shit needs to be analyzed before it gets recz, but Id say they both dope as fuck, but twista aint made any movies for real...either way the hype has turned to 50 cent and bullshit, if anything chi and smg need to combine and flex shit

Im canadian, i dont know what blowing up means in reality, but i do know twista got more 'play' than paul ever did up here, and whether or not either ones better or not, it has nothing to do with the bullshit goin on now, i mean twistas record was back in like 2000 or something, twisted insanes album is like 10xxs better than kamikaze, but did he get even acknowleged? maybe he dont wannabe, reals keep it real

Feb 8, 2003
manne, when you a left hand killa the right has no point in life

EDIT

about the twista and paul shit, its real funny mufuckas be talking about it, because i never thought about it before tonight and I discussed these two with my homie..and he be sayin they aint alike.but twista did get major play in magz, but almost hype, like have you ever heard twista hes dope...Imthinkin he appealed to the audience more than paul, memphis shit needs to be analyzed before it gets recz, but Id say they both dope as fuck, but twista aint made any movies for real...either way the hype has turned to 50 cent and bullshit, if anything chi and smg need to combine and flex shit

Im canadian, i dont know what blowing up means in reality, but i do know twista got more 'play' than paul ever did up here, and whether or not either ones better or not, it has nothing to do with the bullshit goin on now, i mean twistas record was back in like 2000 or something, twisted insanes album is like 10xxs better than kamikaze, but did he get even acknowleged? maybe he dont wannabe, reals keep it real

HUH