Devin The Dude

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
"On the basis of The Dude, Devin was labeled by some the new Too $hort. In this case, it is actually a pretty on-target characterization. There are, of course, important differences. For one, he is a far sight funnier than Oakland's finest. To be deadly accurate, he's hysterically funny. And Too $hort never attempted the smooth crooning into which Devin frequently and ably slides during his choruses. But in a more fundamental way, the Houston rapper is more like an updated and melodious hip-hop Dolemite, because the whole tone of The Dude is waka-waka blaxploitation smutty and smoove. The album title, in fact, is a reference and tribute to the 1974 Quincy Jones album of the same name, and as the rapper himself once pointed out, the main themes of his music are "weed, wine, and women," with little deviation. The music compliments the mood in every regard. Pimp-sleek bass is mixed with heavy-lidded Southern rhythms, while Devin floats through the libertine backdrops with a rather severe case of laid-back nonchalance. It is a winning combination devoid of all the typical playa politics -- violence and drama don't come within a country mile of these songs. If it is not exactly world-beater stuff, it definitely is an extremely randy good time. The Dude didn't sell too well with the general public; the album, however, did score some major points and found an admiring, devoted fan base in one place where it counted for extra: among Devin's fellow rappers. ~ Stanton Swihart, All Music Guide "

SELF TITLED:DEVIN THE DUDE
BOTTOM LINE, THIS album is a muthafuccin classicc.
IF YOU OWN IT, YOU ALREADY KNOWIN.

its comedy, weed and hoes.....

i don't think you would be disappointed, the album is one that
you can put in yo ride and just hitt the road playin non stop...

http://shop.samgoody.com/site/catalog/catalog.jsp?prodid=000308128&catid=cat000127

D

Deadly Game

Real spit....Devin The Dude is one of my top ten classic albums.....

"Mayne when ya finished flowin or whatever the fucc that you doin; holla at me, ill be in the bathroom boo boo'n"

May 3, 2002
1st cd was grrrrrrrrrrrreat.............thas a str8 texas classic fa sho

"u done fucked a skinny ugly ass hoe wut up"

"i'll be sittin in front of tha ride, checcin out sum bitches, tryna see wut i can pull"

D-Mak

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Agree totallY!! Classic Album.

"But most of all she likes my special gold tooth polish"

"If she has no bra, no panties, shes ready to bone"

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Its funny how his verse on Faces Fuck Faces was so dirty it was completely cut out of the radio version. They couldnt even edit that shit...

Feb 8, 2003
"SITTING IN FRONT OF THE RIDE, DRINKING AND SMOKING SOME WEED, CHECKING OUT THE BITCHES, TRYING TO SEE WHAT I CAN PULL."

"HEY HEY WHAT DO YOU SAY, TELL ME HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FUCKED THIS WAY, HOE HOE WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN I SHOVE THIS DICK IN YOU."

LMAO at these songs. Devin is a straight clown.

Aug 26, 2002
he ripped on Yukmouth's new shit ................

I made it safely over herrrrre.......where u at in Dallas.naw I'm in Missouri ...oh over therrrre............: Devin the Dude, Love Ya Boy

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah Devin's Music Makes Me Happy When I'm Down, I'd Just Pop A Devin CD And Laugh Because Everything he says is what every nigga wants to do. SUCH AS DISS A CHICK, SMOKE ALL DAY, DRINK, JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT NOTHING, I'd buy a cd just cus he's on there. THATS THE NIGGA TO ME I BUMP HIS STUFF EVERYDAY.