Crooksters out of Memphis....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Crooksters was a group that included Mongo(RIP), Mon Gotti, Lil Zed, Slaughter and Cuzin Pete.

They had a album out awhile back called "Crooks N Our Own Way" that was really tight. Had production from Blackout and featured Terror and members of Playa Posse.

Shit was real dope. I swear that Mongo could have really blown up. His style, voice, flow and ryhmes were sick as fuck.

I know that Mongo passed away and that Lil Zed released a dope album as Zedzilla a couple years back. But besides that I haven't heard anything about them in awhile.

Last I heard they were working on a new album (around 2 years ago).....anyone know whats up with that? Or if any of the other members droped any solos or have any planned?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
krishna said:
I didnt even know they were still together.
I don't know if they are still together or not. Like I said the last I heard of them as a group they said they were working on a new album like 2 years ago.

It would be tight to hear some music from them again. Too bad Mongo(R.I.P.) had to pass away.

Nuttkace

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Yeah I know this thread is old as shit, but I just recently got in touch over email with the CEO of Style Cut Records the label the put the Crooks n our own way album out. It doesn't have much info in it but if you as big a fan of the Crooksters as I am you might be interested.

" Hey,

Glad to know you enjoyed the group. I personally don't have any info on any of them at the time. I didn't even know Mongo had died. (what happened if you know?) It's been some years since I've heard from any of them. I spoke with Rico Peete a few years ago at a grocery store. He was still working at his lyrics. MonGotti call me a long time ago about getting back into the business, but I didn't hear from him again. No word on Slaughter. And Zed is currently still grinding. I've heard his name on the radio as an opening act for some local concerts. He is going to make it big, because he's got the talent and the desire and the patience. One of my former partners is thinking about getting Style Cut Records back and running again. Once he returns from Iraq, we are thinking about getting together on some stuff. Maybe even getting the Crooksters together for an album. Just keep checking with me, I'll be sure to keep you posted. I don't have anything Mongo did solo. I know he was very talented though. He also caused a lot of problems within the group, because he didn't have the patience to wait on success. The last time we were all together, I got the sense he did not need to be part of the group. He was more concerned about a solo project than trying to get the group out there first. Anyway, we had another group called Def Camp. Did you ever hear any of there music. I'll try to send you something if I can. Ironically, the beats you hear from them, were suppose to be for the Crooksters.

Darrell "

I though it was kind of weird that he didn't even know Mongo(R.I.P.) died, but I also got the impression that he wasn't to fond of him, or MAYBE the whole Mongo(R.I.P.) dying thing was just a rumor. (I WISH)

Oh and I talked to his partner over here in Iraq to and he made it sound like he had some new big ideas for some new shit coming off Style Cut, but we'll just have to wait and see, he's got another year over here.

By the way have any of you heard anything from the group Def Camp? If he does send me any of their cuts I'll be sure to post them.

Add more info if you know anything.

May 27, 2006
i got that Defcamp. Uploaded it. Yeah Crooksters was real tight. I was searchin about 2 years to get a copy of their album back then.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
NFP911 said:
i got that Defcamp. Uploaded it. Yeah Crooksters was real tight. I was searchin about 2 years to get a copy of their album back then.
Props with that Defcamp. I don't suppose you have The C.E.O "Fear tha Takeover" an album with Mon Gotti.

May 27, 2006
naw sorry but i got an album Mr. CMP pres. Ballas - Hustlas - Soldiers G's & Macks. Lil Zed & Mon Gotti are featured on 1 track

May 31, 2017
Nuttkase @Nuttkase
Palmer @Palmer
found yall fav corpse
Marshall Washington | Facebook
Mon Pollard - We bn rockn Marshall Jetlaggswagg Washington... | Facebook
also still rapping (track #9) BIG PAP, LEXX LUTOR, MONE, MON RUFFIN, LT P SHYNE - Big Money Shit No Funny Shit Hosted by SapceAgeMedia x YungInn Mixtape - Stream & Download
as 4 vintage Mongo, he was featured on Lil Jyule's "Chances" and "I'm Ridin Witcha" off "Still Thuggin" album from 99.