AUSTIN TX. BOUND....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2003
WHAT UP 2 MY SICCNESS PEEP'S IN TEXAS.ILL BE IN AUSTIN FOR A WEEK FOR MY BEST FRIENDS WEDDING.IM LOOKING TO GET SOME EVILSIDE RECORD'S RELEASES INTO SOME STORES IN AUSTIN AND SAN ANTIONO.WHERE SHOULD I GO?IS THERE ANY INDOOR SWAPMEET'S OR FLEA MARKETS I CAN HIT UP?IM ALSO LOOKING TO BUY SOME UNDERGROUND TEXAS GANGSTA RAP.ANY SUGGESTION'S ON WHO'S REALLY CRACKING IN TEXAS????

May 1, 2010
Depends on where you gonna be. Where i the wedding?

Piranha Records is a good store, they stock all the local texas shit from austin to houston and got the new shit in. It's in ROund Rock, a little north of Austin, but worth the trip. They got all the screw tapes on CD, etc.

In austin, you got Music Mania, but they overpriced and only fuck with the big times usually now. I don't know if Backstage music is still open, but if they are look em up, they a house in the east side and got all the underground shit and all the mexican shit, run by some mexicans so you will have some luck there. There's a big flea market outside of town on highway 290 I think, but I forgot the name of it. Also you can try to look up the DOllars n Sense store, Top Dollar Clothing, don't know if they still have a store. Also try to hit up DJ Rapid Ric or J. Kapone - both mexicans both big down in Austin, they can probably help you out.

Mar 8, 2006
www.thephylumonline.com
Renaissance Records in Killeen, TX
Piranha Records in Round Rock, TX
Music Mania in Austin, TX
Sundance Records in San Marcos, TX

Between Austin and San Antonio there are about 10 little "Hood Clothing" stores where they stock indie CDs, but honestly, if you don't have any support in the area, I'd probably just either give em a couple copies or stick to the stores.

You already made it down there?

Aug 20, 2003
YEAH IM ALREADY BACK.THAT TEXAS HEAT ALMOST KILLED MY POP'S.WE HAD TO EXTEND OUT STAY TILL THE 17TH.I GOT CD'S INTO CHEAPO CD'S IN AUSTIN.AND I PASSED OUT HELLA PROMO AND PROMO CD'S IN AUSTIN AND SAN ANTONIO.THE ACL WAS KICKIN INTO FULL GEAR WHEN WE LEFT ON SAT AFTERNOON.IM GUNNA HEAD BACK OUT THERE NEXT YEAR BUT NOT IN THE SUMMER LOL.THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO....

tosin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2004
www.thescrewshop.com
Depends on where you gonna be. Where i the wedding?

Piranha Records is a good store, they stock all the local texas shit from austin to houston and got the new shit in. It's in ROund Rock, a little north of Austin, but worth the trip. They got all the screw tapes on CD, etc.

In austin, you got Music Mania, but they overpriced and only fuck with the big times usually now. I don't know if Backstage music is still open, but if they are look em up, they a house in the east side and got all the underground shit and all the mexican shit, run by some mexicans so you will have some luck there. There's a big flea market outside of town on highway 290 I think, but I forgot the name of it. Also you can try to look up the DOllars n Sense store, Top Dollar Clothing, don't know if they still have a store. Also try to hit up DJ Rapid Ric or J. Kapone - both mexicans both big down in Austin, they can probably help you out.
backstage has been closed for lie 4 or 5 years...

the flear is the 290 flea market...and you cant really sell cds out there...

j kapone is doing 11 years and has been locked up for like 2-3 years already...

most of the places in austin to sell music are clothing stores...

san antonio is a way better market for music sales...but austin is better for live performances...